For those of you that I haven't shared this recipe with, you might want this. It is sooo good! I found it in a recipe book that Tim's grandma gave me for Christmas "Lewiston Hometown Favorites". It was submitted by Kelli Hampton, who I don't know, but I'm so happy to have her recipe!!
Tim likes to take leftovers to school for lunch, and many of his classmates have sampled his lunch and asked for the recipe. Candace nicknamed it "Tim Tortellini", so that's what we call it now. Try it and ENJOY!
Creamy Spinach & Tortellini (aka: Tim Tortellini)
1 lb. fresh or frozen tortellini, uncooked
2 T. olive oil
½ c. onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 pkg. spinach (fresh is best)
1 c. tomato, cubed
¼ c. fresh basil, chopped –OR-
1 ½ tsp. dried basil
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. pepper
1 c. whipping cream
¼ c. Parmesan cheese, grated
½ tsp. red pepper flakes (optional, if you like it spicy)
Chicken breast, cooked, cubed (optional)
Cook tortellini according to package direction; drain. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet. When hot add onion and garlic; cook until brown and tender, about 4 minutes. Add spinach, tomato, basil, salt and pepper and pepper flakes. Cook 5 minutes. Stir in whipping cream and Parmesan cheese. Cook until just boiling. Reduce heat to low, add tortellini and chicken breast. Cook additional 4-5 minutes. Served topped with more Parmesan cheese if desired.
6 comments:
Easton is so cute in his little 1 year picture.
how fun! love the name! i will have to try it sometime!
we tried your recipe tonight for dinner, it was so good! Keira loved it too which definitely means it was a succes. thanks
I will most definetly have to try that! Can't wait to see you tommorow!!!
Tim! You Are quite the chef eh! Mmmmm sound good! Thanks for the new idea! Love the nickname! hahah
Love your new family pics by the way! Super cute!!!
That sounds delicious. We just had our family reunion in Lewiston. It's a quaint little place. Loved the view. Sorry I missed you by one week!
Post a Comment