Oh Happy Day!!!
For those of you that don't like hearing about kids and potty stuff, this post is not for you. But I'm getting some of the details down so we can remember this wonderful time!
With our other two boys, I potty-trained them when they were exactly 2 1/2 years old. That would have put us potty-training Gavin the end of next month, but I was all the sudden getting really antsy about it.
I had finally set a date to potty-train him on a Wednesday, but then my grandma passed away on the day before (Tuesday, Sept. 11th). I knew that we would be going to Utah for her funeral, and I didn't want to be dealing with a newly potty-trained Gavin on a long car ride. So we held off not knowing when we would tackle it.
While we were in Utah, he actually told me one morning that he had to go poo. I was shocked and so excited that we made it to the potty rather than dealing with the nasty diaper. Then when we got back from Utah, he did that a few more times. I didn't want to risk him giving up the hardest part of potty-training, so I decided Thursday last week would be the day. It wasn't ideal since I had Easton home in the morning too, but we did it anyway.
Day 1, I was a little concerned. He was GREAT at #2, but not so great at #1. We had a handful of wet pants. I was really dreading Day 2, but figured there was no turning back now. Plus, I'd rather deal with wet pants than poopy pants. Day 2 he only had one time that he peed the tiniest amount in his pants, and then ran to the potty. That was it. It was so fabulous!! Day 3, we had a few small poopy accidents and I chalked that up to soccer games and being away from his potty. Since then we have not had a single accident. So amazing! And he has had a few dry nights. How great is that?! I am so proud of him! I never have to remind him he is so good to just go on his own.
The best part of it all is that I don't have any kids in diapers. It is such a great feeling!!
Good job, Gavin! We are so proud of you!!
1 comment:
Amazing, Melissa!! I can't believe how fast your kids have learned to be potty trained!! And amazing that Gavin caught on to the #2 part first!! Way to go, Gavin!! I'm thinking we're gonna try with Cal... But I'm kindof dreading it! :) but how great to have him be diaper free!! Way to go!!
Post a Comment