Saturday, January 8, 2011

We Love Santa!


We were lucky enough to see Santa a few times this year. The first time was at our ward Christmas party (the bottom two pictures) and the top two pictures were at the Pickelville Playhouse Christmas Show, which was so great!

It was cute to see the boys sit on his lap and tell him what they wanted. Easton had only one request from Santa - Jessie (the cowgirl from Toy Story). Dylan had a bit longer list. The main ones were - Zhu Zhu pet, Pillow Pet, craft stuff, and Legos.

I have to say I used Santa to my advantage. I all too often used the phrase "if you aren't good, Santa won't bring you anything on Christmas." Is it too soon to start using that phrase for next year now? It worked wonders!

I loved the weeks leading up to Christmas. Here are a few of the reasons:
1. Christmas music - we started listening to it just before Thanksgiving. We only had one Christmas CD in the car and Easton always insisted on listening to "Polar Express" or better known as "When Christmas Comes to Town". By Christmas I was getting tired of the song, but still LOVED hearing him sing along with it.
2. Singing Christmas songs - some of the boys favorites were "Rudolph", "Silent Night", and "Santa Clause is coming to town".
3. Christmas books - loved reading Christmas stories with the boys
4. Shopping - I had too much fun shopping this year. I actually started early so I didn't feel so overwhelmed by Christmas. So much better than years past!
5. Movies - the boys watch "Rudolph" and "the Grinch" year-round, so that was nothing new. But I loved that they would request "Baby Jesus is Born" - the nativity story (not sure of the official name).

Dylan giving Santa a high five when they finished chatting:


1 comment:

erin said...

So cute. How fun that your boys actually like sitting on Santa's lap!! My kids are totally freaked out by him. haha.
Also, wanted to tell you that your card was adorable!