Friday, February 4, 2011

January Stuff

Can you believe that this cute little guy is 9 months old? I really can't. He is growing up so fast! I still want to think of him as my little baby, but he is acting like anything but that these days. Here are the stats from his 9 month well baby checkup:
Weight = 18 pounds 9 ounces (20%)
Height = 27 inches (25%)
Head = 44 cm (25%)
I take Gavin to a family doctor which I've really liked. The only thing I find strange at their practice is that they weigh him with all of his clothes and diaper on. With the other boys as babies they were always weighed naked. Because of that, I know he weighs less since he had lots of warm clothes on and a slightly wet diaper. Anyway, Gavin seems to be our ADORABLE runt of the family. Both of his brothers were hitting 20 pounds about now and growing out of the baby carrier. Not Gavin...but no complaints here. The baby carriers can be convenient at times!

Here is what you can expect to see Gavin doing these days:
1. He is army crawling everywhere and is super fast. He just isn't anxious to upgrade to crawling yet.
2. He pulls himself up to standing on EVERYTHING. One of his favorite spots seems to be under the table. He will stand up, get excited and start rocking back and forth or bouncing up and down and always bonk his head. Luckily he isn't too fazed by it most of the time. Here is a picture of him hanging out under the kitchen table:
3. He loves to chase after crumbs. He is like a little puppy - I think that is another reason he loves to hang out under the table. He knows his brothers leave a mess of crumbs with every meal or snack and he happily tries to eat them.
4. He loves to feed himself anything he can get his hands on (see #3). His favorites are Cheerios, bananas, and bread.
5. He has a sweet tooth - I'll admit that he comes by that naturally! Dylan and Easton both have sticker charts with things they are working on. Once their charts are full they get to pick a reward of going for ice cream or taking a bath in mom and dad's jetted tub. They switch back and forth on which they choose, but when we get ice cream, Gavin makes sure he is not left out. That kid will squawk so loud until you give him what he wants - ICE CREAM.
6. He already throws fits. I don't remember it starting by this age with the other boys, but you'll see them from Gavin. Watch out!
7. He doesn't like his diaper changed - or rather holding still to have it changed. The second you lay him on the changing table, he is grabbing the edge and rolling over (and including a #6 quite often). It is quite the wrestling match to get the job done!
8. He LOVES his binky and must have it when he is going to sleep. Since he is so great at getting it in his mouth, I'll toss a few in his crib to help him out. Unfortunately his new thing is to toss all of his binkies out onto the floor, and then stand up and cry as he stares at them. After a few minutes we go in and give them back and he'll settle down and go to sleep.
9. He likes to share his binky. He will take it out of his mouth and hold it up to our mouths and loves it when we pretend to take it.
10. He loves to explore and his favorites are the bathroom and the laundry room. If those doors are ever left open, he quickly finds his way in there.
11. He loves to help with the laundry. If he finds a laundry basket full of clothes, he promptly pulls them out onto the floor.
12. He has the cutest little laugh and is so fun to tickle!
We can't leave out the other two cuties. Here's Easton and Dylan:
Easton is potty trained and we are so proud of him! He has done so well!
Dylan still loves to dress up and Easton was pulling faces for the camera:

Oh, one more thing on Gavin - he likes to eat paper. What a mean mom that I take it from him when he finds it.

So that's our January pictures in a nutshell.

4 comments:

erin said...

Cute little guy!
And you look super cute too Melissa! I've been going back and forth on whether or not to do the bang thing... I really like them on you! :)

Jennifer Daniels said...

I like your hair too--I need to do something with mine so bad (something that takes zero time to do). Gavin is such a cutie--it will be fun to remember all those little things about him. Next time you're in the valley visiting your family we should go to lunch or something!

emandtrev said...

Who doesn't love to eat paper?! Haha, I love that. I can't get over his blue eyes. What a cutie.

Kristen said...

you look so pretty melissa! I love the update. even though i haven't met gavin, he sounds like a fun, entertaining little guy.