Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Fun Kids Book

This book is one of the favorites at our house, "Take me out of the bathtub and other silly dilly songs" by Alan Katz and illustrated by David Catrow. Dylan loved it when he was younger, and now Easton has found it and wants to hear it all the time and Dylan loves it again too. It really is a funny book. Each page has a new song set to a familiar tune. For example, "Take Me Out of the Bathtub!" uses the tune of "Take Me Out to the Ballgame". Now my kids know all sorts of strange songs, but hardly know the original. Oh well...someday we'll have to teach them, but for now if you hear some strange song my kids are singing, you'll know where it came from.

Here are a few of our favorites:



Take Me Out of the Bathtub! (To the tune of "Take Me Out to the Ballgame")
Take me out of the bathtub
Take me out of the suds
I've been here soaking since half past two
I feel so sudsy and wrinkle-y, too
Oh, I washed all over my body
My head, my toes, in between
I used one, two, three bars of soap
Take me out...I'm clean!
Take me out of the bathtub
I'm stuck here with my toys
Dump trucks and squirters I think are great
But I better take off my ro-o-ller skates
'Cause each time I get up I wobble
I hold on, but it's a pain
I tried once, twice, three times to stand
Better get a crane!

I'm Filthy, I'm Dirty (To the tune of "It's Raining, It's Pouring")
I'm filthy, I'm dirty
Got mud on my shirty-y
On a whim
I took a swim
In a puddle with a birdie!

I'm smelly, I'm dusty
From head to toe I'm musty
To be a slob's
A full-time job
I guess I look disgust-y

We actually have the second book like this, but we love this first book best. I get a kick out of hearing the kids go around the house singing the songs.

4 comments:

melimba said...

what a fun book! I love that you took the time to write down some of the lyrics! We're totally going to find that one!

p.s. I wish you were going to be here in a few weeks for the book sale! you don't want to fly down for it, do you? :) I'd be a fan.

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

That book looks adorable! I love it when my kids have me read book I love to! :)
Your fam is still as cute as ever!

Wendi said...

That is so cool Dylan taught himself to ride a bike! Funny little songs.

emandtrev said...

Nice! I'm always on the lookout for good books!