I have to blog about a few funny things my kids have said lately. They are things I want to remember and this is about the only place that I keep track of that kind of stuff.
About a week ago I bought some new shoes for Easton since his are falling apart. He is so hard on his shoes since he uses the toe as brakes when he rides his scooter and bike. I'm trying to teach him how to use the real brakes, and he does know how to use them, but he forgets. So one of his shoes has a whole all the way through to his sock now. I figured new shoes were a must . . . but not for riding bikes and scooters!! Anyway, when he woke up the next morning I pointed them out to him. His darling reply was, "They are BRILLIANT!" Love his hilarious, unexpected comments!
We have been doing better at reading scriptures at night with the boys - only because we have broken it down into a very achievable goal. Each of us reads one verse a night, so we conquer a whole 5 verses each night. At least it is something, right? And the boys look forward to it and have had meltdowns on the nights we have tried to skip it, so they keep us on track! For Easton and Gavin I read pieces of the verse as they repeat after me. Gavin must be picking up on something since he now insists that each of his verses begin with "And it came to pass . . . " He doesn't care what it says after that. So if I've started his verse with anything other than "and it came to pass", he won't repeat after me until I say that first. Haha . . . I guess I can help him out!
No comments:
Post a Comment