Friday, March 15, 2013

Leprechauns

A bit of randomness from our life lately, but too fun not to document:

We were headed through the McDonald's drive-through recently and Dylan speaks up from the backseat:
Dylan: "McDonald's is an Irish name. Because of the Mc."
Us: "Haha, yea I guess you're right."
Dylan: "If I were a leprechaun my name would be Dylan McJessop."


Every night I sing to the boys before they go to sleep - something that they pick. Gavin's pick since about Christmas time has been "GlooOOoo" (Angels we have heard on high AKA Gloria) and "Jesus are you really there?" (Heavenly Father Are You Really There?) I seriously need to have Tim catch it on video one of these nights. I giggle every night as I start the "Angels we have heard on high..." and he breaks out into the "Glooooooria" part long before I ever hit that part of the song. So cute!


We went sledding a few weeks ago at Cerro Summit for the ward party. We were there about three hours and the weather was perfect. Sadly, I forgot the sunscreen. We all got fried. As sad as it is, I was happy to see many other rosy faces at church the next day. I was scared that I would be the only parent that let my children get sunburned. We were in good company. I really know better and I was punished for it. If I sunburn my lips bad enough, they blister (like a cold sore) and it lasts forever! I do it every few years and kick myself every time. It has been two weeks and it is almost healed up now. What a pain . . . and super ugly!!

Here are a few pics from our sledding adventure. I didn't get very many:

If you look closely below the tube, you can see a puff of powder. That's Dylan. He kept sliding off the main path and heading toward everyone hiking up the huge hill. Just as I was about to take his picture, his tube caught and completely stood him up and then he had his pretty wreck. Luckily there was no pain!
 
Dylan and Gavin with one of their friends playing in the snow
 
Easton playing at the bottom of the hill

No comments: