The news is definitely out, so I might as well start blogging about life so I can remember this last pregnancy. Yes, I'm pregnant, and Yes, this will be the final member of our family. Hmmmm, that feels really good to have that decision made and feel so good about it!
I'm 13 weeks now and looking much too pregnant for this point in pregnancy. I still have a long ways to go and a long ways to grow! Yikes! I'm due the end of September.
Morning sickness was/is horrible!! Anyone that goes through it will ALWAYS have my sympathy!! For the most part it has gone away, but I still have a few bad days here and there. I have to make sure I keep food in me and limit sugar. This is really early for me to be feeling better so I feel super lucky!
When I was in the thick of the morning sickness, the main foods I ate were hard boiled eggs, and raw almonds. I just needed something filling - but bland. I couldn't handle any lingering after taste. I don't even want to think about how many dozen eggs I ate and how many pounds of almonds. Hopefully I haven't ruined the thought of eating those things for life.
When I found something that actually sounded good, I ate it for almost every meal. Luckily I was still able to cook, though I wouldn't cook unless I thought I could eat it. One casserole that hit the spot was a Ham/Pineapple/Rice casserole. I was sad when the leftovers were gone so I made it again just for me. Well, the boys don't eat it anyway and I figured Tim was sick of it. I ate it for like two more days and then couldn't stomach the thought of eating it again. Luckily Tim finished off the leftovers. Another thing that hit the spot was spaghetti. I am not a fan of spaghetti like ever, but when we were camping with some friends in the fall we took turns doing dinner. They brought up homemade spaghetti sauce that had huge chunks of veggies in it and it was so good. So I made a huge batch of that expecting to freeze a bunch. Well, it never got frozen. I ate it - a lot!
The boys are really excited for us to have a new baby! We told them pretty early in the pregnancy. I figured they deserved to know why I was always feeling so sick. I felt so sad for them when they would ask me every day if I was still sick. To know the reason seemed to help a lot. A few weeks after they knew, Gavin came to me one day and said:
Gavin: "Mom, are you still sick?"
Me: "A little bit"
Gavin: "Because you ate the baby?"
I had a good laugh and then explained to him that No, I didn't eat the baby. It was growing in my belly. Not sure he understood, but there haven't been anymore "eating the baby" questions or comments.
8 comments:
Ahhhhhhhhh!!!! Oh my wordy, girl! Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you guys!!!! I'm so glad that the worst of the morning sickness is behind you! And so relieved, especially, that you didn't eat the baby! Haha!! Poor Gavin was probably so confused. :) sending all our love your way!!!
Congrats Melissa! So wonderful to know you are on the final stretch. You'll never have to have morning sickness again! Sorry to hear that, it's never nice of mother nature to do that to us. I can't wait to find out what you're having!
So exciting! Congrats! You might just end up just like us. 4 boys! :)
Congratulations! So happy for you.
Yay! Congrats to your sweet family :-)
Congrats! That is exciting! I was sure we were done at number 4 as well! Well, we were wrong and number 5 will be here come June! Good luck and I am so glad you are feeling better. Morning sickness is the worst!
Congrats!!! What fun news. I can't wait to hear if you are having another handsome Jessop boy or a girl!
Congratulations! Did I read on Facebook another boy?!? Your other boys are so handsome! There will be some lucky girls out there who win their hearts someday! Hope you're enjoying Montrose! Love your family pictures!
Post a Comment