Thursday, April 18, 2013

Baby #4 is a . . .

BOY!

Yes, shocking, I know! Haha - was there ever any doubt that it would be another boy?

I am so glad I wasn't in charge of picking the gender for our baby this time. With baby #3 I wanted it to be a girl so badly. I was so bummed when they told me another boy, and then I was even more bummed that I felt bummed when I had a healthy baby growing inside me. Luckily it didn't take too long to embrace the thought of having another boy. This go around, I was definitely back and forth. I could argue the need/want for either gender. I think I would have been terrified, but excited for a girl. I am now excited for another darling little boy!

We got to find out about a month earlier than was planned. We had a trip planned to California, and my sweet sister-in-law Tara put the bug in my ear to go to an ultrasound place while we would be there. Since I would be 16 weeks along when we were there, it was the perfect time to find out. AND it was only $25. Count me in! (My medical ultrasound is still a few weeks away)

We had the ultrasound scheduled for the end of our stay there, but after a few days playing and checking out the weather, we changed things up a bit. We moved up our beach day to mid-week and on the way I called the ultrasound place to see if we could come in right then. Luckily they had an opening! So our little family of 5 hurried in there in our swimming clothes to find out the fun news. Five minutes later we were told that we are having a BOY (99% sure). The boys were excited, and a bit sad that we weren't having a little sister. They seem happy with a boy now!

I also went on a quick shopping trip with Tara that afternoon, after the beach (pictures to come soon), to find some fun maxi skirts. Not sure how I survived past pregnancies without maxi skirts, but so excited to have them now and the selection in Montrose is non-existent. We took a little detour to H&M and found the cutest baby boy outfits. That was definitely a fun little thing to make me even more excited for this little guy! I can't wait until I can snuggle him in them!!

For now I'm just getting bigger and bigger way faster than I should be, but it is what it is. I'm feeling him move around now every once in a while which is a fun time! When I felt him moving as I was getting ready for bed last night I quickly laid down on the bed to see if Tim would be able to feel him move. But of course the performance stopped. Soon enough! Now we are trying to come up with yet another boy name that we can agree on. Tricky . . . the agreeing part!

3 comments:

Darin and Joanna said...

Congrats! You make adorable little boys! Here's to having 4 boys! We both have a lot of boy stuff to look forward too! Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!!

Kristen said...

Four boys will be a blast! Start saving for missions now. ;) Congrats, and enjoy these last months as much as you can. I always thought you looked great pregnant, so don't be too hard on yourself. :)

Tim and Melissa said...

Joanna, I'm excited for you to have your little boy soon! Kristen, you are too nice. I'm trying to enjoy this last pregnancy as much as possible. :)