Sunday, May 19, 2013

End of School Year and Random Stuff

It is so hard for me to believe that this school year is almost over! That means Dylan will be moving on to second grade and Easton will be moving on to Kindergarten. Not only that, but Gavin will be starting Preschool in the fall. Wow!
 
Dylan only has 1 1/2 more days of school. Crazy! He is very excited for summer and the few summer plans that we have. His teacher, Mrs. Jahnke has been so great so we are really going to miss her. Dylan has really excelled in her class. He is an amazing reader and loves math (and he's really good at it). His teacher said that he is always quick to finish up his work, and then she will have him help those kids that are struggling in the class by teaching them - rather than just giving them the answer. He still has such a pleasing personality. He likes to follow the rules and do what is expected of him. He makes friends easily. He has been looking forward to the end of the school year for the ultimate spelling test. Their bonus word that he was looking forward to is "supercalifragilisticexpialidocious". Who knows - I may have misspelled it, but Dylan spelled it right on his test! He was super happy! Here is his spring school picture. What a cutie!
 
This is his class picture - he is in the middle on the back row.
 

Dylan also just started piano lessons - he has had three lessons so far and is loving it. He is working ahead in the book and able to pass off more songs than are assigned each week. He also got to participate in the piano recital this last week. He introduced himself and played a short little song and did great - even had it memorized. It has been fun for me to have a piano in our house (a keyboard), and I've been kind of re-teaching myself. I'm sad that I let it go, but it seems to be slowly coming back. I just need to keep working at it! Here is Dylan introducing himself before his performance:
 

A few more things about Dylan right now before I move onto the next kid:
He still LOVES to catch bugs and dig in the dirt all day long. His brothers love to follow him around and do the same. When he has friends come over, I always hear them working out a plan for their time and Dylan is always wanting to catch grasshoppers for his choice. He isn't really into the video games like a lot of little boys his age, and I'm 100% ok with that!

He is getting interested in cooking lately. He knows how to cook eggs just to his liking. He also loves to cut up fruit for his own little "fruit salad". He is good to help with anything else I'm willing to pass off to him at dinner time. I need to remember to do that more often.

Dylan is really excited to be baptized this fall. Crazy to think I will have an 8 year old! What a fun kid!! I love him to pieces!

Now for a little update on Gavin!

Some of our friends in the neighborhood caught this cute picture of Gavin during the piano recital. He liked to sit in the aisle with Easton so they could see the performers. Good thing it was short, because they weren't willing to sit still.
He is such a funny little kid! He can be so sweet and usually is, but I've definitely seen the three year old side come out in him lately. He is constantly picking a fight with Easton which is a bit insane since Easton is always quick to retaliate. We're working on that!

When he really wants something, he will ask you for it and then follow up with, "Please, please, please . . . I'll be your best friend!" How can you say no to that? Then when you say ok, he'll follow up with "YESSSSssssss!"

Gavin LOVES to be tickled and I love to tickle him! He will come tell me sometimes that he "needs to be tickled." He will lay down so cooperative on the floor and wait for it. Love it! Also, I'll ask him "How much do I love you?" and he'll stretch his hands out as far as he can and say "This much!" which makes it perfect for me to tickle his armpits and sides. I still laugh every time he willingly does it and I tickle him like crazy.

He is such a sweetheart. He tells me many times a day "Mommy, you look pwetty!" After thanking him I've followed up a few times with "Gavin, you look handsome!" But he will remind me that he looks "Awesome, not handsome!" Haha! He also tells me many times a day now that I have a "fat belly". Can't argue with that!

Gavin and I were having a little chat a few days ago. I was telling how much I loved him at this size and how I didn't want him to get any bigger.
I said, "Gavin, I want you to stay this size forever. Will you stop growing?"
His response: "I don't know how!"

This little boy loves his treats - especially dum dums. It is not a quiet moment though - when he eats a sucker you get to hear every noisy little suck. So funny! I love this little guy!

Now for an update on Easton. He just finished up pre-K on Thursday at Sonshine Patch. He has had such a good experience there! His teacher, Miss Michelle, has been perfect for him. She says he is a great student and gets along well with the kids at school - which is a relief since he is usually the one picking on everyone at home. Hopefully the good attitude and obedience at school continues on in Kindergarten! Here is the class picture (Easton is the furthest on the right on the second row in blue):

 
On the last day of school they did a little program for the families. Here is Easton singing one of the songs:
 

One last picture with Miss Michelle, and he also had some fun face paint on from the celebration afterward:

 
Easton loves to catch bugs like Dylan now and dig in the dirt. The boys will spend HOURS outside and I love it. He is also such a great little swimmer! He took swimming lessons in February and did so awesome! He will be taking the next level in June and is very excited! He also loves to do puzzles which makes me happy! I love to see kids working their little brains doing puzzles!
 
He also loves to play games! He reminds me daily that we need to have our "alone time" which really means that he and I get to play games while Gavin takes a nap. We have a hand full of card games that we like to play together.
 
Easton is kind of obsessed with birthdays right now since his is coming up next month. His biggest insult or threat to someone is telling them that he won't invite them to his birthday party. I'm trying to stop him using this threat.
 
He is starting t-ball soon and this is his first experience with sports. I hope it turns out well! It could get crazy trying to do games and practices for two boys. Ready or not . . . !
 
The boys are now able to put their hand on my belly and fell our baby boy moving around once in a while. Easton loves this more than anyone else, I think. He asks me all the time if he is moving so that he can feel him. It doesn't happen often - usually the movement is when I'm laying down and I rarely get a chance to do that during the day. He is a sweetheart when he wants to be and still loves to cuddle with me. I love my cute boy!
 
As for an update on baby #4, he's definitely still a boy! We had our medical ultrasound a few weeks ago (I'm 22 weeks now). Everything looks great. He is growing right on track and they didn't see anything to alarm them. It was fun because my neighbor is actually the ultrasound tech there so she was very open with us. She sent us home with a picture of the baby for each of the boys. So sweet. I then met with the doctor. He measured me, said 27, and then said usually the size matches up with the number of weeks you are at (I was only at 20 at this point). Then he didn't say anything else. I followed up with, "You do realize I'm not 27 weeks, right?" So he asked me how many weeks as he looked in my chart and I told him 20. He was a bit shocked and said if I hadn't just come from my ultrasound he would probably schedule one. But since everything looked good he wasn't worried. He chalked it up to a full bladder for the most part. Oh well. So - to set the record straight - I'm large. As Gavin says, I have a fat belly! I'm feeling good for the most part though! We are still working on a name for this little guy. Not sure what we will call him!


No comments: