Thursday, August 23, 2007

Two Claps

D hasn’t been very interested in working on speaking for much too long, but we are now starting to make some progress, which I am loving! D is saying a few new words – but he definitely doesn’t have them mastered yet. It is fun to see his progress and see him trying new things. Sunday in Stake Conference he said “Octopus” (we were reading a sea animals book). He actually said all three syllables, but he has now shortened “Octopus” to be “pus pus” (still super cute). “Toothpaste” is another new word pronounced “boo base”. His little friend “Jaylie” is the only name he says. He calls her “G”. Everyday at many random times he will go to the window and start calling “G…G...”. For “yes” he used to say “es”, then it changed to “da”, and now we are back to “es” again. Who knows if that will ever change since Mom and Dad have kind of adopted “es” into their vocabulary too since it’s so dang cute. He also loves the word “ouch” or “ow” – pointing to any scratch, mosquito bite, freckle, mole or zit (in my case). A few weeks ago dad got very sun burnt at the beach. D kept saying “ouch” and pointing to dad’s chest – and he kept making dad show him the sunburn. All in all, mom and D can communicate quite well these days.

A cute trait D has is when he finishes something or is proud of himself (like putting a piece in a puzzle), he claps twice. What a cutie.

D is a VERY active little boy. He loves to run, jump, dance, somersault – anything that involves moving in crazy ways. He is really into jumping off of things right now which I’m hoping I can break him of before he decides to break himself. For now, there is no fear as he’s jumping off mom and dad’s bed or the couch or into the swimming pool.

One more blog update done…two claps for me!

2 comments:

melimba said...

two claps indeed! :) ha! I love that! In fact, I love that so much that I might incorporate it into my everyday life. when I finish the dishes, two claps! when I do a load of laundry, two claps! when I make it to work on time, two claps! love it!

dylan is so cute. I love that one of the words he says is "G" for cute jaylie. I swear, those two are too cute together!

good post! :)

Kristen said...

I love the beginnings of speaking. They say the cutest things. I hear Dylan is a champ at signing. I keep forgetting to sign to Gunnar but I should start.