Sunday, January 6, 2008

If only life were as easy as the cartoons...

I had to share a funny little conversation I had with Dylan on Friday morning.

First off, Thursday night we realized the lights in our kitchen had stopped working. They were working earlier in the night, and then for some unknown reason, they wouldn't turn on anymore. Luckily the appliances still worked, but no lights. Tim tried everything he could think of to get them to work again...with no success.

Friday morning Dylan and I head to the kitchen to find breakfast. He tries the light switch since he is such a good helper these days and says to me...
D: "Wight off"
Mom: "Yes, the light is off. It's broken"
D: "Baaries" (translation - batteries)
Mom: "It needs more than batteries. It's broken and it needs to be fixed."
D: "Dad fik it"
Mom: "Dad tried to fix it last night and couldn't. We'll have someone come today to fix it."
D: "Builder fik it" (aka Bob the Builder)
Mom: "Yes, Bob the Builder probably could fix it." (the little smarty pants has an answer to everything)

Isn't he just adorable. I LOVE the cute things kids say and love even more that Dylan is coming up with solutions to our problems. If only life were that easy!


Our lights are now fixed. Hallelujah! By some miracle we actually have a 2 year warranty on the systems in our home which includes lights. Must have been my lucky day! After a bunch of chasing, we were able to get an electrician to our house around 4:30 Friday - otherwise we would have to wait until Monday morning. Yikes! It turned out to be a faulty outlet as well as a faulty switch on the breaker (or that was my interpretation of it). The most important thing...we have lights!

10 comments:

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

That is a cute conversation! Ethan is just now starting to put sentences together and it's sooo cute! Glad your lights are fixed!

emandtrev said...

Aww, Dylan is so cute. I'm so sad I missed seeing you at Christmas. Darn those winter-time illnesses! I love hearing the fun stories about Dylan. I think he and Estella would be great friends...so move back ASAP! :)

Love you!

Kajsa said...

that is so funny!!! he loves batteries! today when he was playing over here, every toy he picked up that did not make a sound or light up, he would bring to me and say batteries! it was pretty funny! what a cute kid!

erin said...

What a cute kid! also.. your snowy Utah pics are fun! I miss the snow!

Kristen said...

That is so adorable. He is such a cute boy. I love when they can finally talk. It is like a window into their mind.

Tauna said...

congrats on the baby on the way! that is very exciting news. I know you posted it a while ago... but I just read it! I sure hope your feeling well. The pictures you've posted are so cute! so true..... if we could all see through the eyes of a child!

azufelt said...

I just "found" you on here! Yeah! I love the cute things kids say, they seriously crack me up! Why is it that every kid knows that batteries "fix" it?!!

By the way, I also recently found out about the BIG news, congrats on the new little one!

paulak said...

That's funny. Most of my friends' posts lately have been about the cute things their little chillins are saying. I love it! Glad you got your lights fixed.

Jas & Cam Fam said...

What a cutie. I LOVE these posts and the cute things kids say. I could totally picture your cute little conversation how you described it...so cute!

Shaela said...

Dylan is talking so much now! That is such a cute story. Great job writing it down.