Over the last week, Dylan has found our one patch of dirt. It just happens to be under our garbage can since it killed the grass by being stored there. He's been going out and playing so good by himself in this one tiny spot in our reasonably sized grassy (yes, dead grass...'tis the season) backyard. I did suggest once to go drive his tractor in the grass, and he told me "No, mama. Dirt." Well okay then. I also told him yesterday that he deserved a sandbox, and he just looked at me like, "Sure, whatever that is...now back to the dirt!"
Today when Tim came home from school, I told him this weekend we had to get D a sandbox. He just happened to be playing in the dirt at the moment to prove my point. Then we decided, why wait? Tim had the genius idea of using D's swimming pool from last summer that wasn't being used at the moment. If we decide it's too small or not working, then upgrade to something more. So off we went to buy sand. Dylan was super excited!
So here is his newest prized possession. He played in the dirt tonight until it was too cold and dark outside to keep playing. I'm sure that's the first thing he'll be asking for in the morning too.
11 comments:
what an ingenious idea. I am impressed. He looks like he is really enjoying that. Way to go, Tim! Boys will be boys!
So it seems as though you already have a sand-holdy apparatus... but if you were interested.... I happen to be in possesion of a turtle sand-box with a turtle lid... that I would like removed from my garage... you can have it free of charge, if you so desire to transplant that sand from his swimming pool into the turtle....
On another note, aren't kids awesome? They don't even know there's a better way to play in their sand.. they are too busy playing in the dirt!
The Eastons have a standing sandbox on their deck and Christi says there is hardly any mess with it. How cute that he loves the dirt.
How stinkin' cute is that! What a great idea!
Great idea. Looks like he loves it!
How fun! I bet he is LOVING his new sand box! I was excited for him as I was reading the post. O.K., I know he is totally his dad but in the picture of him with Tim in the s.b. he looks just like you Mel! He must be a mix.
I love the story of him putting his train in time out. Don't you just love when they start to mimic you?! It's kind of scary!
He is sooooo cute. I can't believe how grown up he is getting!
So I found you in the blogging world and was happy to see your smiling face! Hope it's okay if I crash your blog!
Rebecca
What a great idea! Although, he getting so big he'll grow right out of that little pool soon! You'll just have to borrow the Woods swimming pool, fill it with sand and blow it up! Ha! Ha!
Sandbox! Now there a great idea! Ethan hates to get dirty, but a sandbox might eeeeaaase him into the whole part of being a boy! I will be totally fine though if he wants to stay clean! Less work for me!
Dylan looks soooo happy in his new sandbox! He looks sooo old! ohhh! I can't believe how old our boys are getting! It seem like just a few months ago we were at a ward party letting them play on the grass together and roll around!
Seeing your little Dylan play in his sandbox gives me spring fever really bad! these pictures are way cute!!!
Post a Comment