Sunday, September 27, 2009

Conversations with Dylan

Every once in a while I have little moments with Dylan where I jot down our conversations. I always mean to blog about them so I'll remember them...but it never happens. So today I'm playing catch-up and then throwing all of the little pieces of paper away. I love the funny things kids say and their interpretations of things!

9-26-09
Yesterday I was taking the boys with me to check out some garage sales. Before we left we had this conversation:
Dylan: "Are we going to buy toys at the garage sale?"
Mom: "I don't know. They have to be in really good shape."
Dylan: "Like not a triangle?"

9-17-09
Lately I've been exercising at home rather than hitting the gym. Yesterday Dylan actually did my exercise video with me while Easton was napping. As I dropped him off at Preschool this morning he says "Mom, sorry that you'll have to exercise all by yourself today."

August '09
I was upstairs one morning when I heard a loud crash downstairs. As calmly as I could I went to see the damage. Dylan had pulled one set of my curtains down, pulling the curtain rod out of the wall. What a mess! It was determined he had been hanging on the curtains and swinging. After I removed it all from the living room, I said:
Mom: "Dylan, you do not do that!"
Dylan: "Then how can I be a trapeze star?"
Really?!? I was looking for something more along the lines of "I'll never do that again." Ahhh!


Spring '09
Mom - "Too bad it's so windy. It would have been fun to go for a walk."
Dylan - "Let's go!"
Mom - "We can't. The wind would get too much dust in our eyes."
Dylan - "I like dust in my eyes."
Mom - "No, dust hurts. It would make it so we couldn't see."
Dylan - "Mom, Jesus could make us so we can see."

4 comments:

Jennifer Daniels said...

Such cute stories! I love those little conversations with kids, thanks for sharing!

Lindsay said...

You've got to keep this up! My favorite is the trapeze star. He's hilarious. I think they must have had a really good healing-the-blind-lesson in Sunbeams because Lucy has commenting on it too.

Kristen said...

THose are super cute! lol Sorry you have to exercise by yourself. haha

Julienne said...

He is pretty darn cute. The things they say. I would get a crack up when I worked at the preschool. Funny kids