Sunday, February 28, 2010

February Recap

Look at the above picture very closely....ok, ignore the weeds and look at the ledge of the fence very closely. Yep, that's SNOW...in San Antonio. That was quite a shocker this last week. In the 3 1/2 years we've lived here, the weather man has threatened snow a few times, but this is the first we've seen it here. It snowed for almost 30 minutes, but of course it didn't stick to the rain wet ground. It was fun though!

Dylan still has a blast with his Bendaroos and loves to show off his creations. Here are a few of his latest - his crazy glasses and an arrow. Creations dreamed up and created all by himself. Lovely!

I've been meaning to post these pictures of Easton for over a month. He LOVES trains, and when he got Thomas the Train PJs for Christmas, he was in love. Whenever he sees them he makes me put them on him. I've gotten better at keeping them hidden during laundry times, but the first 3 or 4 times of washing them he would see them in the basket and make me put them on over his day clothes. I have to keep him very distracted to take them off of him in the morning!



A few more details on Easton. He is now 20 months, but I never posted his 18 month stats. So here they are:
Weight - 28 pounds 6 ounces (75%)
Height - 34 1/4" (95%)
Head - (50-75%)

A few things Easton does lately:
blows his nose - this is VERY helpful!
learning to open doors - YIKES!
loves to chase Dylan
loves to play with cars and trains

Easton's Words:
uh huh
bubble
baby
ah dun (all done)
how (help)
oh no
choo choo (train or to tell us he wants to watch Chuggington or Thomas)
vroom vroom (car or the movie Cars)
juice
mama
dada
pickle (not sure of the best way to write the way he says it, but it is his word for pickle)
hot
ouch
kittie
It seems like there are more, but that's all I can think of for now.
As for Dylan, he is a wonderful big brother and my helper. Yes, the boys clash at times, but Dylan is usually very good to share toys with Easton and to play nicely with him. He loves to make Easton laugh. He also loves to tell jokes, but they rarely make any sense. Oh well. He is still loving to do crafts and can often be found with his 'safety scissors' cutting up scrap paper and gluing it together with a glue stick. We have all sorts of creations cluttering the house.
One last bit of news for us, we finally joined the ranks of the mini-van families. We found a good deal and bought one on Saturday. These big purchases scare me, but I'm excited to have the space for when our new little one arrives. He is growing on schedule and is already VERY active. Less than two months - YIKES!

3 comments:

Bethany said...

Holy Cow, only 2 months left?! Crazy how it goes fast when it's not you ;) Dylan and Easton are so adorable I bet they will love having a new baby brother! When do you move out of Texas?

Kristen said...

Don't you LOVE your new van? It took me a couple days to get used to it, but now I absolutely wouldn't drive anything else.

I've been missing more updates...more pics. :)

Jennifer Daniels said...

Wow, the first snow you've seen there....and I bet you don't miss it too much, do ya? I can tell you I'm past ready for the snow to disappear around here! And very cute pictures of your boys!