I had to share this picture of Dylan. He's holding "Panda" who is all wrapped up in his favorite blanket. This is one of his toys he earned from his job chart. It makes noises and closes its eyes to fall asleep. He calls it his baby and treats it so sweet. He is really good to share it with Easton too. A few days ago Dylan came and asked me to take a picture of him with Panda. I need him to do that more often as I've been seriously slacking on the picture taking!!
So onto my title of this post - our "To Do List". I feel like we have accomplished so much in the last week and a half. Tim was off for Spring Break last week, so that was a huge help!! First, we've been knowing that we needed to get a bigger car to accommodate our coming addition to the family. So I was consumed with finding us a great deal on a used Honda Odyssey. I figured I had plenty of time to do that and thought I'd be patient. Yea right. That was about all I could think about, and wasn't getting much else done as I was searching the internet trying to find that perfect minivan for us. Just over a week ago, I found it on CarMax (thanks, Emily!!). They brought it in from Houston for us to check it out, so we went on a Saturday to test drive it. We felt good about it, but thought we'd bring the money in on Monday and that would give us the weekend to let it soak in and make sure we felt good still. They weren't willing to hold it for us, so we took the plunge that day. SCARY, but exciting too! So I'm really officially a Mormon mom with my minivan now. One huge check mark on our to do list! Here it is:
The next step was to sell Tim's car. We definitely didn't need three cars, so the following Monday morning I put his car on Craigslist. Tim cleaned it all up and even topped off the tank (which I told him not to do). I figured we'd have a few interested people here and there and hoped to sell it within a week or two. I was sure surprised as a few minutes later my email inbox began to fill up with people interested in seeing it. One girl came to look at it Monday around lunch and then told us she had to run to the bank to get her money and would be back in 30 minutes. Stupid me, I started telling people it was sold. We got the run-around from her all day long...she was trying to get the money...they had the money and would be here in 20 minutes...an hour later I left her a message saying if I didn't see her within 10 minutes I was going to start letting people know the car was still available and that I'd sell it to the first person with money. No more holding it for anyone. She never showed up or called. Annoying. After feeling like all I had done on Monday and Tuesday was email people back or return phone calls, we finally sold it Tuesday evening. (The second big check mark on our list). Goodbye to Tim's trusty car! It's been a great car...hopefully the new owner loves it too!
5 comments:
That sounds exactly like what I did a year ago! List house, buy car, sell car. You sure are 4th years! haha I love it. Don't you feel so grown up now? An official adult! Good luck selling your house quick too. Craigslist is awesome for selling cars...we sold ours in like a day too. I wish houses were like that too.
That is awesome!! You will be hot Mormon mom in that minivan.:)
I love that picture of Dylan. What a sweet boy!
Lots to do...being pregnant too! Not much fun, but hopefully you will get your house sold quickly. We are honda odyssey drivers as well. A change at first...but now I am not sure how we would survive without it! Good luck on all of your adventures!
That just gets you a few steps closer to Pocatello! We had a lead on a townhouse for you, but she decided to sell instead of rent...
Your van looks very nice, love the color, it's my favorite for cars " ) I'm so excited to have you guys making prep's to live closer, how fun! I'm sure you'll miss Texas though and that isn't as much fun.. that is why you can visit and Jeff and I with Jace can accompany you " ) See it'll all work out.
Post a Comment