Monday, April 26, 2010

Introducing GAVIN


Gavin John Jessop
Born: April 24th, 2010
Time: 3:25a.m.
8 pounds, 21 inches long
We are so excited to have this little guy finally here! He was born three days past his due date with a little help. The doctor decided it was time to induce me. He is such a sweet baby and a perfect addition to our family. We just love him so much already!
Right after delivery in the wee hours of the morning.

The first father and son bonding moments.


Gavin taking a nap during his first day of life.


Gavin slept through his first introduction to his VERY excited brothers. They loved taking turns holding him.


A visit from Dylan and Easton in the hospital. Dylan is already a very protective big brother and loves to hold his baby brother.


Dylan holding his baby brother first thing in the morning. Gotta love his hair!

Grandma Stocking is here helping us get settled which has been a HUGE blessing. I'm not sure I'm going to let her go home! The boys have had such a great time with her taking them to the park, going for walks, and playing like crazy. It is so nice to have someone tackle their energy while we get used to having Gavin in our home. Plus, it has been so nice to get good sleep at night while she handles Gavin and lets me know when he's ready to eat. Thank you, Mom!!

One last picture - goodbye to the growing belly. This is on the way out the door to the hospital to be induced.

19 comments:

Cliff and Courtney's Family said...

Congratulations!! He is beautiful. And for having such a big baby you were so small!!

Erin Davis said...

He is such a beautiful boy. Your belly wasn't that big! You look so great! Love you guys!

Rosanne said...

What a handsome little guy! Congrats! I hope you are doing well! It was fun to see your mom in a pic. How sweet of her to be there for you!

Darin and Joanna said...

Congratulations! He is darling and I'm glad he finally arrived! Hopefully you are getting a little sleep and surviving three little ones. Good luck!

Lyssa Beth said...

What a cutie! Congrats! I love that name! He looks just like his brothers!
And you look awesome!!

emandtrev said...

Congratulations, Mel and Tim! He is precious. I'm so glad he arrived safe and sound, even if he did need a little motivation from the doctors! I can't wait to see you and meet Gavin this summer!

melimba said...

yeah yeah yeah!
i'm so so so excited he is FINALLY here and decided to share Tillie's birthday! LOVE that. That means I'll always remember his birthday too! :)

And, his name is beautiful! Perfect baby! Love him already!

Congrats again! and way to blog about it already, Melissa! WAHOO!

oh, and that picture of you just after you delivered him---you look WAYYY too good for just having gone through what you did. JUST FOR THE RECORD!

erin said...

Congrats!!! Gavin is so cute. I was anxious to hear which name you picked. Nice work! :)
You look great Melissa!
And, what darling pictures of the boys together!

Haueter Photography said...

What a cutie! Congrats and can't wait to meet him.

The Bagley Family said...

Yay! Congratulations again! He is adorable! There's just nothing like 3 little boys... they'll be the best of friends. GOOD LUCK!!!

Randy, Alanna, Keira, and Braden said...

Congratulations! He is a cutie. Enjoy your mom being there and take advantage of all the help! 3 boys life will be busy.

Emily T. said...

Hey Melissa- It's Emily Nielson Toolson. First off Congrats on Baby Gavin. He is soo cute! Secondly, Thanks for the comment you left me. It's fun to hear from you.

Those first few weeks after my 3rd baby boy was born were a little overwhelming. My 22 month old really struggled. But things got better fast and every day I think how grateful I am for 3 boys and even the timing of it all. (Still hoping for a girl someday!) I'm learning to just enjoy all these boys. Even though we may not be playing princesses or shopping with our girls, boys are so fun. And how awesome for these boys to have so many brothers. You will do great with 3 and I'll keep checking in too! Congrats again!

Kristen said...

Ahh, hearing about your boys welcoming your little guy makes me excited for when we have another baby. Lily is dying for a little sister and I think Gunnar will be adorable with a 'baby'.

I hope these next couple months go well. You've got a lot to do with graduation and the move and I hope it all goes smoothly. I know you can do it! You're awesome.

Jordan and Heather Humbert said...

Congrats on the new addition! I wish that I could look as good as you do after pushing out a baby!

Shaela said...

Congratulations! Gavin is beautiful! No surprise, your first two were beautiful too. We'll keep you in our prayers for selling your home & the WREB. Been there... So many life changes for you over the next few months. Keep it all in perspective. It is ALL GOOD stuff.
Keep sleeping while your mom is there.
We are so happy for you. We miss you.

jessica said...

How wonderful! What a lovely family. I am so looking forward to being able to play with you this summer. Congrats

Bethany said...

I got interupted when I was first reading this, so I had to come back and type my congrats!!! I need to call you, I will for sure " ) He looks SO much like Dylan and Easton SOOO CUTE, love my new nephew and so glad it all went well! Give him a love from aunt Bethy Can NOT wait to meet him ;)

paulak said...

Congrats on your new little guy...how fun to have all those boys in the house. He is beautiful...wouldn't expect less from the Jessop clan. Can't wait to see you guys soon...I hope.

Jas & Cam Fam said...

Melissa, he is just as cute as his big brothers. I think I can already see a resemblence of Dylan in him?! He is a doll! Makes me excited for #3! You have a darling family! Congrats!!