Saturday, May 1, 2010

Miracles

This last weekend was full of all sorts of excitement! Welcoming Gavin wasn't our only miracle.


When we finally had our induction date set for Friday, I was trying to get as much accomplished as possible. We had the huge burden of selling our home still looming over our heads, and after being on the market 6 weeks, we had only had one showing which was two weeks before. I was frustrated and trying to figure out how to generate some interest. Thursday morning (the day before my induction), I contacted our realtor to see about dropping our price. After some discussion, she gave me a few options and our plan was that I would talk to Tim that evening and get back to her with our decision of how to move forward. Later that afternoon I got the most SHOCKING news. My realtor called to tell me she had just received an offer on our home. WHAT?!? How? We had only had one showing, and they had never come back for a second showing. It was obvious that the offer wasn't what we needed, but it was something to work with. I was ecstatic, to say the least! We sent back a counter-offer that day and hoped for the best.


While I was in labor and delivery at the hospital being pumped full of pitocin, we heard back from our realtor. The potential buyer had a few questions for us, but no feedback on the counter-offer yet. We hoped that was a good sign.


Saturday, as we were enjoying our sweet baby, we heard from our realtor. The buyer had countered back, and was $1000 below the lowest we had wanted to go. After discussing it, we decided to accept the offer anyway and not risk loosing the sale over $1000. So...WE ARE UNDER CONTRACT! I could not be more excited! What PERFECT timing! The buyer wants to move in May 27th, which is actually really great for us too. That is after Tim's graduation, so we won't have to do the long-term hotel thing. We can just head off to Pocatello then. That is so soon! I'm still trying to wrap my brain around it. I know these next weeks will fly by! The funny thing is that many people kept telling us, "it only takes one person". So true. When we sold our home in Logan 4 years ago, it was the first and only people that looked at our home that bought it. Crazy that it would happen that way again. So glad!!

I still can't believe how well things are falling into place. I truly feel so blessed! Thank you for all of the love, support and prayers from everyone!

8 comments:

melimba said...

a miracle, for sure!
that is one amazing story, girl. I'm just so happy for you guys!!
...And, still not internalizing what it all means to have you leave!!
I just push that thought away! :)

hope today goes well for Tim!
holler if you need anything!
love melis

Kristen said...

yay! congrats!

erin said...

What perfect timing! How nice that you didn't have to clean for showings with a new baby! Congrats!!

Cliff and Courtney's Family said...

That is awesome!! I really am so happy for you guys. I remember at girls night when you said that you only had one showing and that it only takes one!! How crazy it really is so true. Best of luck to you guys in Idaho!

Krista said...

Congrats on just EVERYTHING!!!
I'm so happy for ya'll...what an amazing month it's been for you guys. I'm sad you're leaving...but I'm so glad everything is working out for you. You both deserve it. =)

paulak said...

Yay, that is so awesome. Its amazing how things just all into place when its right.

emandtrev said...

Mel! That is so fantastic. Congratulations! T-minus how many days until you move closer? :) I know you will miss San Antonio and the many friends you made there, but we are also so excited to have you closer! Love ya!

Shaela said...

What a blessing. perfect timing too.