Monday, February 18, 2013

Fall Leaves in Telluride

September 2012
We love to have visitors, so we were super excited to have Grandma and Grandpa Stocking come visit for the weekend! We had a great time when we had gone to Telluride a few months before with Tim's parents, so we talked them into going up there for a visit to see the leaves. We had Dylan's soccer game that morning and then we were off on our adventure. Just as we were leaving town I figured out I had forgotten my camera. Now I really wish we had turned around to go get it, but it is what it is. I had my cell phone camera, but they didn't turn out anything like what they could have. Bummer!
 
I have to say fall in Telluride is breathtaking! It is really so beautiful and pictures just don't do it justice.
 

Grandma, Grandpa and Dylan on our way up the mountain in the Gondolla

Dylan, Easton and Gavin in Mountain Village

The whole crew

This picture was taken through the window of the Gondolla. Beautiful!

Grandma with the boys

We couldn't skip a visit to the climbing wall

Looking down into Telluride

Our little family at the top of the mountain

Grandma and Grandpa at the top of the mountain

Dylan, Gavin and Tim riding the Gondolla

A little side note, yes, Gavin did change pants half way through our little adventure. Luckily I had the shorts in the bag. He had just mastered potty training a few weeks before and I was much too trusting since he never had accidents at home. We were playing by the climbing wall, and he just couldn't hold it any longer. I felt so bad that I hadn't made him try going potty sooner. I figured when I asked him if he needed to go that he would tell me. I guess he was much too distracted with his surroundings to take a break. Live and Learn!!

Thanks for visiting, Grandma and Grandpa!

1 comment:

emandtrev said...

It looks so beautiful, Mel! Love the pictures of the scenery and your cute fam. :)