OK....so I just had one of the most embarrassing things EVER happen. I really thought I had it more "together" than this.
Tonight I had to hit the grocery store, so Tim was wonderful enough to watch Dylan for me while I headed off to HEB. I only had a small list of things to pick up, but was sure enjoying how easy it was to shop without entertaining a 2 year old at the same time. After getting everything on my list (plus a few extras, of course), I'm off to the checkout line. After almost all of my items are scanned, the horror hits me...I don't have my debit card with me...it's in the diaper bag...and I have nothing else to pay with. Scrounging through my purse I find $20, but that's not going to cut it. I'm now the annoying person holding up the checkout line as they offer to put my transaction on hold while I go home to get money. What other choice to I have? Off I go to the car with my face still burning red from embarrassment.
The only pleasant surprise was to realize I had left the diaper bag in the car which still had my debit card in it. I hurry back inside, and they are still working on my transaction...still holding up the entire checkout line, but we finish it up and I take my groceries to the car. Isn't that horrible? Tell me someone else has done that...please. I really hope I never make that mistake again.
8 comments:
I once had a similar situation. However, a diaper bag was not part of the story, rather, I had taken my wallet out of my purse to pay bills or something; got to the checkout and realized I didn't have my wallet. I just simply looked at the lady and said "oops, I left my wallet at home". I left and didn't return that night. It happens, oh well! Too funny!
man, that stinks. I hate that kind of stuff! becuase not only is it embaressing, but then you wasted all that time getting the stuff...but luckily, it wasn't all for naught! i'm so glad your diaper bag was in your car!!!
You must be your mothers daughter. I did it at Lee's market. That is where I spend all of my money. Well they did hold my groceries but I got to go all of the way home to get my money. You are not alone. Experiences like this keep us humble, and related.
Thanks for making me feel better about myself. Don't you just hate it when you do things like "your mother".
Mom
Done that. Ashamedly, a couple times. I hate when that happens.
Not fun! I have done that more than once, at least leaving my money or cards in the car. It's not fun! I am glad to hear that I am not the only one that blushes bright red. Glad everything worked out.
I'm so glad you guys shared your horror stories with me. You make me feel so much better knowing that I'm not the only one that's happened to!!
That is pretty funny. Sorry it had to happen>
Yes! I know that grand feeling of embarrasment at the checkout line! Jon and I had gone shopping at good ol' Macey's and realized only after our order was rung up that neither of us had our debit cards! He thought that I had mine, and I thought that he had his! We just laughed and blushed at the same time! Jon had to drive back home and get the debit card while I entertained Ethan for the next 30 minutes! Oh!!! The memories!
Just FYI...having worked as a cashier in a grocery store....it actually happens all the time! We are not alone!
Post a Comment