Thursday, April 24, 2008

Happy Birthday, Hottie!

Tim on our wedding day. What a trooper to hold my bouquet!

This week was Tim's birthday...the big 27, so let's focus on him for a minute...

Below is a tag I never did, but now seems an appropriate time so you can get to know Tim a little better.
What is his name? Timothy Robert
How long have you been together? married almost 5 years, together 5 1/2
How long did you date? about 8 months
Who eats more? Usually Tim, but I tend to eat more of the sweets and goodies (he has self-control)
Who said I love you first? He did, with me a little slow to reply. Long story with that...
Who is taller? Tim is by a little bit - I'm 5'4" and he is 6'4"
Who is smarter? Book smarts would definitely be Tim! He has the most amazing memory for things he has studied! Truly very impressive! I'm sure glad it is him in dental school and not me!! I'd have to say I have more street smarts though!
Who does the dishes? Me...but he'll jump in to rinse them all once in a while (always a welcome surprise)
Who pays the bills? Me
Who mows the lawn? Tim. I've never learned to work our lawnmower, but no need to start now, right?!?
Who cooks dinner? I do
Who kissed who first? He did!
Who asked who out first? I asked him out first. Long story, but basically we'd never met but had agreed to a blind date with each other that never got set-up. I took matters into my own hands, asked him out, but he already had plans. He asked me out the next week though, and the rest is history!
Who proposed? Tim in a very sweet, creative way. Sometime you must read the amazing poem he wrote for me which I could hardly read through the tears (one of his hidden talents...writing poetry, that is)
Who has more siblings? I have 4 and Tim has 3
Who wears the pants? For the most part it is pretty even I think You would have thought it was Dylan's birthday with how excited he was for opening presents and blowing out candles on the cake. Tim was nice enough to let Dylan open his present (an Ipod shuffle), and Dylan put the candles on the cake - can you see all four of them right next to each other? It's kind of tough to blow them out when their flames all become one...but with a little help from the real birthday boy (dad), they succeeded.
I feel so lucky to be married to such an amazing man! He is an amazing husband and such a fun daddy to Dylan! I'm excited to see him as a daddy of two little boys! Happy Birthday, Tim!!

10 comments:

Kristen said...

I didn't know Tim was younger than Aaron...he probably graduated in 99 like me. Crazy! Happy Birthday Tim! I'll have to get all these long stories answers you wrote sometime. :)

emandtrev said...

Happy Birthday to Tim! Was his birthday yesterday (the 27th)? Trevor's is today!

Haueter Photography said...

Happy bday Tim! Looks like you guys have been up to lots of fun lately. How are you feeling?

elements: overexposed said...

What a great post! I love learning new things about people. I didn't know you asked him out first, after waiting for him to do it. I did something similar. Fun, thanks for sharing!

Happy Birthday Tim!

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

Happy Birthday Tim! Love the title of this post! :)
YOu know, my brother is in dental school right now at Case Western in Ohio...if you guys live closer to us, we might just have Tim be our dentist instead! :)
OH how we miss you guys!

Shanda said...

What a fun post! We had fun hanging out with you guys last weekend! See you tomorrow!

erin said...

Hope you had a fun B-day Tim!

Shaun and Emily said...

Happy Birthday Tim! That is cute how Dylan wanted to help with the party. Love the photos too!

Hibbs Family said...

What a cute tribute to Tim! I want to hear all the stories one day. You have such a cute family, can't wait to see the new addition! :)

Julienne said...

The McCullochs just wanted to say hi to you guys. Congrats on having another boy!