Thursday, April 10, 2008

More Spring Break


The day after the beach, we headed off to Sea World with the Rich family - Justin is in dental school with Tim. It was super fun for Dylan since they have 3 little kids that he could chase after. The weather was nice too since it was overcast for the majority of the day keeping the heat much more bearable. We love Sea World and love even more going with friends!

The picture above is the face Dylan always pulls when we say "make a face". I wasn't exactly thinking when I said it as I got to watch his germy hands go straight to his mouth. Such is the life of a little kid, right?!?
Dylan testing out the seats for one of the rides. The kids were all too small, but Justin and Whitney got to take a ride. The park was pretty empty so there were no lines for the rides.
Dylan and Sam trying to catch the flamingos. Interesting fact about flamingos that I just learned. They are pink because of their food source...shrimp. Who knew? Well, Whitney did...but I'd never heard that before. Pretty neat!
Tim, Dylan and Justin at the end of the log ride.
I thought I'd throw in this crazy picture. This is the water-skiing show (can't remember what they call it). Anyway, this is four guys being pulled by one boat all doing backflips. Amazing!

On another note, I guess I overdid it during Spring Break. Two days being on my feet all day was not smart. My legs hurt me so bad by the end of Sea World, but I figured it was just because of my sunburn. Then Tim informed me that my calves were about the size of my thighs and I no longer had ankles, but 'cankles'. Nice. You think I would have noticed this on my own, but nope. My legs and ankles were so swollen and the skin was not wanting to stretch anymore. It really did feel like my skin was going to split open at any moment, and it would have been a welcome relief. The sad part was that I figured I'd have to deal with this horrible swelling until the end of my pregnancy because with Dylan, once it started it didn't go away. Luckily, all seems to be back to normal now and I feel super lucky! I hope the last two posts haven't been too much of a pitty party. We really had tons of fun!

8 comments:

Haueter Photography said...

Looks like you guys had tons of fun. I am jealous. You look so good by the way. I can't believe how close your due date is getting. I'm so excited! Do you have a name yet?

paulak said...

What a fun Spring Break! The beach, Sea World. I want to live near you, I would love to be near a beach. Sorry you are swelling. Are you making sure that Tim lets you put your feet up on his lap in the evenings? :-) Glad you had such a great time...hang in there. (I say that because I totally understand this pregnancy thing....right?) HA HA HA

Rach said...

Mel! It's Rachel (Chamberlain) Park! I saw your comment on Tanya's blog...I can't believe it's you! You look so different from Ricks days. :) rachyaimee@gmail.com
"Birch 104 forever!" :) :)What geeks we were...

The Bagley Family said...

How stinkin' fun! I'm jealous of the warm weather. Please send some our way. I agree with Aleisha, you look fabulous! What a fun Spring Break you all had!

Ashlie said...

Looks like you guys had such a fun time. I love all the fun pictures. You look adorable too by the way!

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

Love Sea World! Jon and I went there on our Honey Moon (in CALIFORNIA).
OHHH! YOUR POOR ANKLES, LEGS,and the rest of ya! I feel for ya! Maybe you were so swollen that you just didn't notice it. My legs were abnormal when I was pregnant with Ethan. I would send you a picture but then again, NO WAY!!!

melimba said...

ahh, the joys of cankles. i love them too. :)
i'm glad that you are finding some relief now! you got SOooOo burned on your poor legs!

what cute pictures from sea world!

Shaun and Emily said...

How Fun! Looks like you guys had a great break. Melissa you look great by the way! I can't believe your almost to your due date! We miss hanging out with you guys and playing games. Glad all is going well with you. We miss you!!! Maybe we should consider moving there-- it always looks like your having a blast!