Sunday, April 6, 2008

Spring Break

This has been such a fun event filled week and it is so sad to see it come to an end! Tim had Spring Break this week so we were able to spend lots of quality time together as a family. It was also a great week since my last day of work with Thermo Fisher Scientific was Monday. It's official now...I'm a stay at home mom. Yay! I don't think it has really sunk in yet since this week has been so crazy, but I'm really excited. It is definitely time!

Here are just a few of the many pictures from our trip to the beach on Wednesday. It was kind of a rainy week, and Wednesday was playing out to be the same way. The whole drive down it was gray skies and drizzles/rain. We were feeling bad as we'd talked the Smith's and Padilla's into coming too and were afraid it would be horrible weather. But, just after we got there, the weather started turning really nice and it ended up an being a beautiful day!

We did have a bit of adventure though. Just after we got there, Lily stepped on a a fish bone and got a big puncture wound in her foot. The poor thing...her foot was bleeding like crazy. Just across the street there was a place to buy camping passes, so I was heading off to try to track down some bandaids. After taking a few steps, something landed on my arm, so I quickly brushed it off...not so easy. I'd just been pooped on by a seagull. YUCK! (I'll spare you the pictures). We began to wonder if we were really supposed to be at the beach. The rest of the day went smoothly, with only one other incident...Tim got pooped on too - on his back. I guess we had all the luck!

Tim playing horseshoes on the beach with Aaron (not pictured). Dylan loved "helping" too.
Gunnar, Madie, Lily and Dylan building sand castles.
Tim had a blast boogie boarding. He said the waves were perfect (I took his word for it).
Madie, Lily, Dylan, and Hallie. Tim buried D in the sand with the help from the girls, and then they all wanted to be buried too. We tried to get a good group picture of all the kids, but this is probably the best that I ended up with. Luckily we have Gunnar in another shot. They all played so well together!
One last picture of Dylan on the beach. What an awesome day!

We are so glad we went! The only mistake I made was skipping the sunscreen on my legs (luckily I applied it everywhere else). I fried them so badly they are about purple. OUCH! They are quite cute too since I did spray sunscreen on the tops of my feet, and there are beautiful splatters on my legs. At least we know the sunscreen works, right?!?

10 comments:

Conder Family said...

What a fun way to spend a day....at the beach! The kids (Tim included!) looked like they had a lot of fun!

Congrats on the new stay-at-home mom status...I think you will really like it!

Kristen said...

I called you to see if you were burned bad. I think everyone got a bad burn, and unfortunately our sunscreen didn't work so well. Gunnar got a pink nose and lily a little worse. I've learned my lesson and am going to buy new sunscreen every year.

laurie said...

ouch! the sunburn does not sound fun. however the beach sounds very fun, i'd hate for it to be over too!

erin said...

That is so gross/funny/random that you and Tim both got pooped on! Sorry about that! Kristen was telling us about your adventurous day at the beach last night... it's fun to see all of your pictures!

Kajsa said...

how fun! im glad the weather cleared up for yall bc it was yucky here all that day! i wish i would have been feeling better bc i would have loved to go. but theres always a next time! cute pics of the kids!

Bethany said...

That sounds like so much fun Melissa! Except the part about you burning your legs....and getting pooped on...oh and Tim getting pooped on, my my my that is not so much fun. Jeff and I are looking into coming out and visiting you all after your little one is born. I sure hope we can!

elements: overexposed said...

What a fun Spring Break! What beach did you got to? I am so sorry your legs are burned so badly. That is NOT fun! Yay for you, no more work!

Janine Padilla said...

Cute pics. That was such a fun day! We all got fried too. Poor Hallie got it worse than any of us. She got blisters on her cheeks. Awh... you live and you learn!!

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

That's hilarious you and Tim go pooped on! hahaahh! Nasty though! OHH! The beach! That would be nice! Love the pics!
You guys are lucky to have spring break! In medical school spring breaks are non-existant! RATS!

Tim and Melissa said...

I think the beach is considered Corpus Christi still - just past the turn off to Mustang Island/Port Aransas. Great beach!