Monday, May 26, 2008

The Beach

We LOVE going to the beach and have been trying to squeeze in one last trip to the coast before our little guy joins our family. Since it is about a 3 hour drive, my doctor suggested we do it before my 36 week appointment since there isn't much between here and there and didn't want us delivering on the side of the road. We pushed the timeline a bit and we finally made it last week and were lucky to have the Baldwin's join us. It is always much more fun with great friends!! Sophie is such a doll and Dylan loves to make her laugh!
We went to the Padre Bali Park again in Corpus Christi. It took Dylan a bit to remember that he loved the water, but once he figured it out he had a blast. He was so worn out by the end of the day that he slept the ENTIRE ride home. I'm also very happy to report that we came home sunburn free. Yay!
Dylan on the boogie board. He was actually able to take a little ride on it and loved playing in the ocean.
Dylan, Travis and Sophie
Tim, Travis and Dylan playing horseshoes. Also, I better point out for your enjoyment the beautiful view we were able to enjoy while we were there. There was a really old man in a G-string. Lucky for you, you probably can't see him very well in the top right corner of the picture. He surely wasn't shy...drawing attention to himself and parading around the beach. Definitely not a pretty sight! Honestly, where would you even buy something like that? Even more important, WHY would you buy something like that?!?

7 comments:

Kajsa said...

lots of cute new pics since last time i looked, its been a while! how fun, we will have to go after you have the baby--if im not too big:) i love the pics of d on the bike too! how fun!

Bethany said...

If you click on the picture you don't even have to search for that... very..um confident old man. Sounds like you had fun though! How nice to be so close to the beach :)

Kristen said...

lol, I can't believe the nerve of some people. That is so gross. We will come with you next time if we aren't out of town again.

emandtrev said...

That sounds like a great trip! I'm glad you were able to do it before the arrival of Baby Boy #2! Even if you are permanently scarred from seeing the old man in a g-string. :)

The Bagley Family said...

Ohhhhh how I miss the beach of Southern California, even though it has been many years. I really miss seeing old men in g-strings... yuck! Actually I never had the privledge of experiencing that!

Conder Family said...

Why did I enlarge the picture to see the old guy!!! I didn't know old men did that type of thing...

good times

Shaun and Emily said...

Yuck! I don't know why either, other than maybe he's become so comfortable with himself it's the next best thing other than going bare! Looks like horshoes were fun though.