Saturday, May 17, 2008

They say everything's bigger down here...

For those of you not here to see my massive belly, here is my experience with a too honest Texas cowboy today that should paint you a beautiful picture....

We are strolling through Home Depot tonight...ok, maybe I was waddling. We are approaching a couple - the guy facing me with the ladies back to me. I see him give her a small tap to get her attention and I feel his eyes staring at me. Here comes the honesty....he speaks up "So you've gotta be 'bout ready to pop anytime now?" (imagine that with a thick Texas drawl)

My reply: "Nope. I've got one more month."

Him: "Well, I wouldn't be going anywhere without a phone if I were you."

Really? Nice.

12 comments:

Shanda said...

Gotta love the forward folks her in San Antonio! I laughed so hard reading about your Home Depot experience! You look super cute prego by the way!

Mandee said...

ok- so first of all- you are adorable! What an idiot he is=really, i would've smacked him!

aaron said...

don't worry about it.... after 1 year of school sitting around and dointg nothing a texas cowboy asked me if i was pregnant and i'm not even a girl!

just kidding.

melissa and i think you look great and we can't wait for jessop boy #2.

ps- we love dylan in bubble gum pink and we're impressed he's already showing his daddy's flair for color!

elements: overexposed said...

Why is it that people seem to lose all tact when commenting to or about pregnant women? I've heard the craziest stories!

Bethany said...

Hey that is a story for the journal even though I am POSITIVE that he was probably over exagerating.
I am so excited to see that baby boy!

emandtrev said...

I really think it should be against the law for random people to say whatever they want about pregnant women. It BUGS and makes me want to say, "Didn't your mother teach you any social graces?"

Haueter Photography said...

How nice. So you feel better, I start getting comments like that when I hit 6 months. People just need to keep their mouths shut! I bet you look so cute.

Cliff and Courtney's Family said...

people can be so tacky. I think you look great!

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

That's quite the home depo experience!!! I had lots of fun comments like that being a cashier and working full time with my huge belly full of Ethan!

At least you didn't get a comment like mine when Ethan was 3 weeks old, a girl said, "Oh! Aren't you like over due now!" I didn't have the heart to tell her my son was 3 weeks old, and I WAS not pregnant!

The Bagley Family said...

Holy crap! What a dork! I'm sure you look amazing and I can't believe you only have 3 or 4 weeks left. You need to give us an update on how your progressing. Are you going to be induced or just wait until you go into labor? We miss you!

Shaun and Emily said...

I remember those comments too. It's funny how strangers feel they can just walk up to you at walmart and "home depot" and just rub your belly or make personal remarks about it. I think you look beautiful. I love pregnant bellies! I can't believe you only have one more month!

paulak said...

Wow, that's just lovely. You are such a cute pregnant gal...I remember with Dylan. I think you should have punched him.