Saturday, June 28, 2008

Easton's Birth Story

Our little Easton arrived 3 days overdue. So much better than the 2 weeks overdue I was dreading. He was due on a Saturday, and the Thursday before his due date I started having contractions...the real contractions rather than the pointless Braxton Hicks stuff. It was nothing I was worried about timing yet, but at least my body was headed in the right direction.

Monday, 2 days after Easton's due date, Grandma Karen (Tim's mom) arrived. I had a doctor appointment that morning and was happy to hear that things were progressing. We set a date for induction for Thursday, but my doctor didn't figure I'd make it that long. That day the contractions really started to pick up. I couldn't walk through the contractions, but I could still talk, so I figured we still had lots of time. We went out to dinner and stopped at a few stores. I was uncomfortable, but didn't want to be heading to the hospital that night. I figured we'd get a good nights sleep, I'd get all showered and ready in the morning, and hopefully head off to the hospital. After heading to bed, I couldn't sleep. I was looking at the clock with each contraction, but not registering how far apart they were. At 12:30a.m. I was jolted upright and knew we wouldn't be waiting until morning. I timed a few contractions and they were 3 minutes apart. Off to the hospital we went.

After I finally got an epidural around 3:30, the labor was a dream. I didn't feel a thing so I was pain free, and was able to get some sleep. I labored through the night and was able to have my doctor there for the delivery rather than the on-call doctor. When it came time to push, things went so fast. He was here after three sets of pushing. Wow! I felt great! What a contrast from how crazy things were with Dylan.

Easton has been an absolutely AMAZING baby! We feel so lucky. He has been a great sleeper, and such a good natured little guy. He is only fussy when he is hungry, tired, or needs a diaper change. Other than that, he is sleeping, or loves to just lay and look around. He is so adorable and I love kissing his chubby little cheeks. He is honestly an answer to my prayers!!

Here is one last pregnancy picture since this is basically my journal/scrapbook. This is two days before Easton was born. Sorry for the funny shirt - Tim thought the tank top showed my belly best. I am so happy to finally have that huge belly gone. It is nice to be able to move again and actually be able to bend over. Relief!!

4 comments:

Kristen said...

You are so gorgeous even 9 months pregnant. Lucky!

Shaun and Emily said...

Can't believe how great you look at nine months! I had so much water retention. You looked great the whole pregnancy in all the pictures I saw. You must have great genes for that! It is the best feeling to be able to move again!

Janine Padilla said...

Wow, I am so glad that everything went so smoothly for your delivery! It's nice when it works out almost perfectly after all the anticipation. Little Easton is sooo cute. What an adorable baby. You look so great too at 9 months pregnant. I hid from every camera in sight. I have something for baby easton... I want to bring it over sometime. We've had a little bit of a a cold at our house, but as soon as we're all better I would love to drop it by.

The Smiths said...

Congratulations! Sorry it's so late. I've been out of town! Easton looks absolutely perfect- so precious! And I love the video of Dylan holding his baby brother- too cute!