I'm sorry to report that this stubborn baby of ours is in no hurry to join our family. Believe me...no one is more disappointed that he's not here yet than me. I guess he is happy in his EXTREMELY CROWDED home. Good thing I've told myself this whole pregnancy that he would be overdue, but I still had hope that since I'd been through this once before my body would know better what it was doing and help things along. Nope. So we are now down to one week before the due date with no sign of him arriving any time soon. Yes, sad.
As for other matters, I am so proud of Dylan that I figured an update on his potty training was due. He has been AMAZING with the whole process, and never has accidents. We had been doing the Pull-Ups thing at night since we potty trained him and sometimes he would wake-up dry, but other times wet. I didn't mind - the days were perfect, so I planned to continue down that road for a while.
Last week we were running low on the Pull-Ups, so I mentioned to Tim that I needed to get some more. He suggested that we try keeping him in underpants at night and see how he did. Easy for him to say since it would be ME cleaning everything up and washing the sheets everyday, but we tried it anyway. The first time he did wake up wet the next morning, but since then (over a week), we've only had one other wet night. Yay!
I am so proud of him! I can hardly believe how grown up he is and I know he will only seem more grown up when our baby finally arrives! He is so much fun!
15 comments:
Sorry the baby is not here yet. Can't wait to see him...probably not as much as you are. Way to go Dylan...what a big boy you are. Kuddos to the mommy, we are the ones who do the clean up.
Hey! I haven't talked to you guys in forever! Let us know when your little guy arrives! Do you know his name? Congrats on the potty training with Dylan. We are in the process with Carter right now, so I totally empathize with you! We miss you. Take care. Raelynn and Brandon
That's awesome that the potty training went so well with Dylan. Now you only have one in diapers at a time. Hooray!
Yay, I'm so glad for Dylan and his potty triumph! I think sometimes it's hard to bite the bullet and take a chance on the sheet washing, I think it usually turns out positive.
The good news about the baby is that it HAS to come out sometime. And you're only a week or two away, so that sometime IS getting closer. Is that a light at the end of your tunnel?!
I'm sorry Melissa!!! Will your doctor induce you or do you not want to go that route? Yay for Dylan... isn't potty training just the BEST?????
I know it is tough waiting for the baby to decide he is ready :( But atleast you know he will and you will have an adorable baby boy, named.... baby boy Jessop ;)
YAY Dylan! I am proud of him! He is so grown up, how fast time goes huh?! Tell him Good Job from Aunt Bethy!
We are so excited for you guys! You will have to keep us posted on everything. You have to post a last pregnant tummy picture too. Also, he might come early. Will was showing all kinds of signs to come early and he was 3 days late.... you never know!!
Can't wait to hear that baby has arrived! Hopefully soon! and,.. Keep up the good potty work Dylan!
We're excited to see the new Jessop baby. I'm sure Dylan will be a great big brother!
Ahh. Waiting is the hardest part, I swear! Some friends of ours (Aleisha's cousin, actually!) had their baby boy early this morning and I've been thinking about you ever since! I can't wait to hear from you soon. Hang in there! :)
Congrats on potty training with Dylan!!
YOu can do it! I hope the baby comes soon for you!!
YEAH for Dylan! I have not even tried the whole potty training thing!
HOpe your baby comes soon! I am anxious to see some pics of the little one!
We are sooooo excited for Lil Boy Jessop to come! Another Dylan yeah!!!!! Now Sophie can have 2 Jessop boys to choose from LOL! Let me know if you need anything! We are super proud of Dylan and his potty training.
That is excellent news with the potty training-especially since I hear it can be so much more difficult with boys. Hope you are feeling well and that your baby comes soon!
I know the feeling. I hope the baby comes soon for you. It can be pretty uncomfortable at the end. That is awesome that dylan has done so well potty training. So great for you too with another one on the way! We look foward to hearing about baby number two soon!
Post a Comment