Thursday, July 17, 2008

Happy Anniversary

We just celebrated a wonderful 5 years of marriage on July 9th. It is amazing all that has happened in the past five years, and I feel so lucky to have such an amazing man to share it all with!

The day of our anniversary, reality was hitting for me. I dropped my mom off at the airport that day and realized that I had to figure this mom thing out and had no clue how to juggle two kids on my own. (Luckily things have steadily improved since that day). Tim and I had talked about things we could do for each other for our anniversary, and decided that we wouldn't worry about the gift stuff this year. Well, didn't I feel pretty crummy when he walked in the door from school with the most beautiful roses and a sweet gift for me. What a sweetheart!

We celebrated that night by going for a walk as a family and hitting Dairy Queen for a blizzard. Funny how things change when you have kids! I love you, Tim!!

6 comments:

melis & aaron said...

we're so lucky that we got to be visited on that 5 year anniversary walk! :)
i hope your blizzards were DELICIOUS!
Happy 5 years!

Jami Black said...

Congrats on 5 years! Kids do change everything. We got home from the hospital the day before our one year and I think we just gave each other a kiss the next day. The second was more fun but I don't think we'll be doing much for the third either. Your flowers are beautiful!

paulak said...

What a great family you have there. Congrats on five years! Wahoo!

Shaun and Emily said...

Happy Anniversary! What pretty roses. I don't know how mom's do everything they do! Somehow it all comes together and we survive. I'm glad your doing well. You have such a beautiful family!

Bethany said...

How sweet is that! Happy anniversary to you two. I am so glad that I was dating Jeff in time to see you get married, your wedding was absolutly gorgeous!

Kajsa said...

congrats! i did not realize ours were so close!