We had a fabulous day on Thursday! Tim had a few days off of school this week and we were lucky enough to have some fun family time. Since we've been in San Antonio for over 2 years now, we figured we best be doing some of the things San Antonio is known for. That lead us to check out the San Antonio Missions. We'd seen the Alamo, so Thursday we visited the other four. #1 - Mission Concepcion. The picture of Tim and Dylan above shows the church in the background which still holds services. Beautiful!
Mom and Dylan with one of the original frescos in Mission Concepcion church.
Our family picture. Easton was sleeping, so this is the best we got for the moment.
#2 - Mission San Jose
Dylan and Dad making rubbings of the churches. Dylan did a great job!
Dylan knocking on the door of the gatekeeper. They lived in the porteria, the first cell found just inside the gate.
The church at Mission EspadaEaston did great too. He actually slept for the majority of the day - that's why he isn't in most of our pictures. This is just a small sampling of our many pictures. We had a great time and plan to go back again. Did I mention it was all FREE? Love that!
8 comments:
That is where we ran our half marathon through. It was a cool distraction from the running, that's for sure.
C and I did the missions before we left S.A. We had such a great time. I love your photos!
That looks like so much fun Melissa! I have been to the Alamo as well but haven't even heard of those three....So educated I am right?!
Cute pcitures!
I am so impressed with your family and taking the opportunity to enjoy your cities history and culture....I love that. Thanks for sharing it with us too.
That is fascinating! I always wanted to go see some of the missions in California and we never did. Now we don't live there anymore. Good for you for doing those things while you live there. Fun!
ya know, in all our time in san antonio we never made it to the missions. looks like fun, i guess i'll have to go back and be a better tourist!
That looks like a lot of fun. That place in cool. Dylan is so big. Looks like his daddy. I love your hair. Very gorgeous. I'm glad you are all doing well. I love looking at your blog. Take care
Athena
How fun! Beautiful sights!!!! Love your new haircut by the way!
Post a Comment