Dylan with his buddies Luke (didn't want to break focus on the toys), and Maddox.My little D is whole 3 years old. Where did the time go? There was no getting by without a birthday party with his friends this year - he has learned what a birthday party is and he was definitely having one of those! Saturday we had some friends over and I had my first experience hosting a birthday party. It turned out great, but I didn't capture all of the moments on film that I had hoped as I was wrapped up in other things. After some of his friends had already left I realized I didn't get a group shot of the kids - sad. Here are some of the fun moments we did catch on film.
The results of 'pin the tail on the donkey'. Dylan went first and was so distraught when I took the blindfold off of him and he hadn't put the tail in the right spot. So, he peeled off the sticker and fixed it (the one perfect tail). He was the birthday boy so I guess he gets to do what he wants. As the other kids played and he realized it was funny to have them in different spots, he played correctly on future turns.

Our version of musical chairs. I didn't want to deal with the tantrums of a child without a chair if we played the traditional way, so we had enough chairs for everyone. Here they are waiting to see who's color is drawn so they can pick a prize.
It wouldn't be a party without a pinata. Unfortunately this one was completely unbreakable. After everyone had a turn beating it for a while, Tim took after it with the rake to break it open. Since we have no trees or anything to hang it from, Tim used his creativity to hang the pinata from the rake. Here is our attempt at a group shot with the kids that hadn't left yet. Luke, Sophie, Maddox, Dylan and Jaylie. 
Happy Birthday, Dylan. We love you and are so happy to have you as part of our family. You bring so much ENERGY and FUN to our family and we wouldn't want to imagine life without you. You're my little sweetheart!
6 comments:
Wow, he's 3. Good lookin' 3 year old. What a fun party.
Happy Happy Birthday Dylan. The party was a total hit!
hA!ha! I love that, "she is the one in the background ready to take a drink." hA! Luckily you didn't find a shot with me ready to shove some delicious cake in my face! hA!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DYLAN!!! Man, I can't believe he is really 3 years old!!?!?
He is the cutest little boy ever! So sweet too! Good work, Team Jessop!
Too cute that Dylan wanted the tail on just right! What a fun party. Luke got so excited looking at those pictures!
The kids had a great time, I am sad I missed it. Lily promptly reported to me when I got home that Gunnar was not being nice to Sophie. haha Hope Sophie survived it ok. Happy Birthday D!
Holy Cow! 3 already ") Time goes to fast as always! Well Happy Birthday Dylan from your Aunt Bethy, Uncle Jeff and Cousin Jace! We love you.
I will Dyl's present to him sometime, maybe when you come in Dec... because I know me well enough to know that it may not happen before then!
Post a Comment