Sunday, December 14, 2008

SeaWorld Christmas

We had the chance to pay a visit to Santa Claus yesterday. Dylan was so excited! We went to SeaWorld to check out all of the fun Christmas stuff and got to see Santa while we were there. I thought Dylan would get all shy around him, but he wasn't at all. He was really cute.

Dylan loves to play in the playground area at Shamu's Happy Harbor so we had to hit that while we were there. He had a blast. I was having horrible luck while we were there though...first I dropped my camera and broke it. After messing with it for a while, I got it to work, but it takes some finagling every time I want to take a picture. So sad!

The second casualty was Easton's favorite toy. I had unhooked it from his carseat so he could play with it, and apparently he tossed it out somewhere along the way. Oh well.

Lastly, I about lost Dylan. He told me he was going down the slide, so I watched him go up the stairs and head to the slides, but then I couldn't see him anymore. After waiting for far too long, he never came down. Apparently he headed off to the tubes and I couldn't find him anywhere. My stress level was way too high! As I was frantically making the rounds and watching the tubes above, he came and found me...relief! I had expected to find a teary eyed lost boy, but he was happy as could be having such a great time! Here is D in one of the tubes:

One thing we decided to try this time was feeding the Lorikeets. I thought Dylan would love being in with the birds and having them eat out of his hand. Boy was I so WRONG! Those birds must have been very hungry because we had tons of them come at us at once. Since they were so aggressive and landing on his head and such, he was freaking out. He didn't want to have anything to do with holding the nectar - he wanted to get away from the birds. I did get him to calm down long enough to get a few pictures, but I had to make sure I kept the nectar far enough away from him that the birds left him alone. They were beautiful, but I don't think we will be doing that again anytime soon.
One fun show that we went to was the Polar Express 4-D. Here's a picture of Dad and D just before the show in their cool glasses. Dylan loved it - especially when it snowed on us - real snow. He is so excited to play in the snow in Utah soon!
Here is what happens when Dad is tasked with putting on D's jacket. I was getting Dylan's ticket, and come back to find Dylan wearing Easton's jacket. Note to Tim: check the tag for the size. Dylan does not wear a 12 month size jacket. The crazy thing is that once it was on, Dylan wanted to wear it.
Here is a parting picture of Easton. We just started him on Rice cereal and he LOVES it! Dylan never wanted anything to do with it, and Easton would eat it nonstop if we'd keep shoveling it in. Hopefully he'll continue to be a great eater!

7 comments:

Kristen said...

I love that one of you and Dylan and the birds. We wanted to do the Polar movie but I knew Gunnar would not sit still for that long.

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

Dylan is such a handsome little guy! He looks super happy in the tube slide! I totally know the feeling of losing a child in a tube slide! The panic...the stress! I hope that never happens again! Ethan was just sitting in the tube not going anywhere!

Hey! If I don't get a comment from you soon on our blog, I have made it private...so I can send you an invite!

Tara said...

I can tell you are like so freaking skinny! DUH! Anyways, it was good talking to you today! Can't wait to see you guys NEXT WEEK! XOXO

Shaun and Emily said...

How fun! Love to always check up and see and hear how your doing! (Even if I don't always comment)
Love it!

emandtrev said...

How fun! I'm just a little jealous that you can go to Sea World this time of you. :) See you SOON!

Anonymous said...

How fun, I love seeing your family, Merry Christmas

Jas & Cam Fam said...

Even though Easton is a little "D", I am thinking he looks a little like you in these recent pictures. It looks like you will have some nice weather to head back to. I am jealous!