Monday, March 23, 2009
30 years young!
Hi this is Bethany Stocking, I am Melissa's sister in law.
Yes today is Melissa's birthday! And yes I broke into her blog (of COURSE with her Husband's approval and help!)
Mellissa- We wanted to tell you how very much we love you. We are all so grateful to have you in our family. A few family member's have some favorite memory's of you (well all of them do I am sure, but with my late notice :s these are the ones I could get ")
Mine is your Wedding day.
You looked absolutely gorgeous, and I found myself thinking well more note taking for when I finally got Jeff to marry me ;) Jeff told me that day " my sister is so beautiful" You really shined that day, Tim is so lucky! As are Dylan and Easton, what a great mom!
Your Mom and Dad:
When we moved to Smithfield Melissa was 2 years old. She was such a happy child so much so that we called her our little smiley face.
Another memory is every morning as she was getting ready for school I would fix her an Instant Breakfast and she would promise that it was buying me one more day that she wouldn't put me in a rest home. Her favority book that her dad would read her was "Hand, Hand, Finger, Thumb" they would read the book together and pound away at the book. They wore the book out.
One thing I loved doing with Melissa was puzzels. We would put puzzels together and talk. I enjoyed that time very much. It was wonderful knowing how she felt about life and the things she was feeling.
I have really enjoyed spending time with Melissa and her family in Texas. It is fun to just be there and sharing time together. This last time I was there my flight was delayed and she came back to the airport and picked me up. I felt like it was an bonus to be able to spend just a few more hours with them.
Melissa,
I don't know if it is because I have a daughter that is to close to becoming a teenager, but I have been thinking a lot about when we were kids sharing a bedroom. I remember all the crazy ways that we rearranged our bedroom, the blanket down the middle of the bed, and the time you were tickling my back and I rolled over and bent your fingers back. (sorry) I know at the time we wanted our own rooms, but I look back on that time as a time when I always had a friend to share things with. It seems like it was so long ago that we were carefree kids, playing photographers, bakers and many more things.
It is great that you are turning 30, I know you are not excited about it. Just remember you will never be as old as I am. So that should make you feel young. I miss having you here. It seems like we talk more now, than when you lived in Logan. Phones are wonderful! I love you, and hope that you have had a wonderful Birthday, and that we have embarrassed you a little :)
Love Michelle
Melissa,
I can't believe that I met you when you were in High School, either I am getting old or you are, wait, it must be you because you are the one having the birthday:) I would have to say that one funny memory that I have of you is how when you were in high school you always had such a dilemma trying to narrow your huge list of boys that were chasing after you, what a BIG problem I'm glad that you finally found that man of your dreams, I'm sure that he will still love you even after your 30 years OLD.
Love Scott
Here is just one of the memories Justin has of you:
When I turned 16 I went to get my drivers liscence, but i didn't have all the information, so they didn't give it to me. When i got home Melissa saw that i was way ticked cause i didn't have my liscence so she took me out on my first date. Pretty sure we went out to the movies. I can't remember what we did but she did take me out. A good characteristic of hers is she knows when to pick ya up when you're feelin down.
Another that I can think of was our family cruise, when we almost left half the family behind.
You got on the boat with all of the kids! While I stood stubbornly and somewhat stupidly infront of the deck so they wouldn't close it. I didn't know what would have happened if they would've forced me to move but I felt ok because atleast I had you there too! We almost had the cruise to ourselves ")
Melissa you are such a sweet and loving person! You are so supportive of Tim, Dylan and Easton and you are such a great Mother! You are a wonderful example for anyone to follow.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!
Love,
Mom, Dad, Jay, Courtney,Michelle, Scott, Justin, Jeff, Bethany, and of course Tim and all of the kids/cousin's!
We love you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
Don't you fret, I can get your blog back to what it was or help you change it to what you want ") Hope you don't mind I changed it! Have a really fun day k?!
Love and miss you!
happy birthday
love megan
Happy birthday! Welcome to the 30 club!
---Joanna
Happy Birthday!! I loved this post for you!
Happy Happy Birthday! The scary thing is I'm not that far behind on 30.
Jeff
Thanks so much! What a fun change to my blog and such a fun birthday surprise! You guys are the BEST! I love you all!
Happy Birthday Girlie! (late as usual) I am so glad I can call you one of my friends. You are truly one of the sweetest people I have ever met. I wish that we had done more in H.S. but I still say you are one of my h.s. friends. I have lots of pictures with you at "Close Up" that I just went through. It made me miss yoU! I hope you had a great day! Love ya, Camille
Hey Melissa, Happy Birthday! I hope you had a great one!
hA!! I LOVED it!!
What a sneaky family you have!! And, they changed the background and header too!?! THAT is love! :)
I am SUCH a big fan of Melissa TOO!! I loved hearing all the fun stories about her! And, the slide show?!?! AWESOME! I loved seeing you as a little girl! I can't believe how much I saw Dylan in those young pictures of you!
LOVE LOVE LOVED it!
And, Love that Melissa! :) Hope your birthday was awesome!!!
what an awesome tribute..you are so awesome and I am happy to have gotten to know you better. Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday, Mel! What a sweet birthday message from your fam.
Happy birthday Melissa! I guess I am a little late. I loved the slide show. What a beautiful family you have! Don't worry I am not too far behind you on turning 30:)
Happy Birthday Melissa...I am nervous to enter the 30's.....come next Feb. Glad you made it there first ;)
Post a Comment