Saturday, March 28, 2009

bath time

It really is crazy to me how quickly babies grow up. It was a only a few weeks ago that Easton would lay content in the tub while I bathed him and that process was quick and easy. Now...well, that's not the case. He LOVES baths and every time he hears water running in the bathroom he scoots as fast as he can into the bathroom right up to the tub. He will not lay nicely in the tub now, he either has to sit up or he flips over onto his belly and scoots all over the tub. These pictures are of the first bath I've had the boys take together and they thought it was great.

Easton wouldn't even look up for this picture - he was too anxious to get to playing in the water. Dylan is such a great big brother and a good little helper!
Easton loves to explore and loves to play with the balloons from my birthday. He chases them all over the house.
I took Easton to the doctor yesterday for his 9 month checkup. He is 20 pounds 13 ounces (50%) and 29" long (75 - 90%). Time to give up the baby carrier car seat. So sad.
On a different note, Tim has just started Spring Break. Yay! I know he would rather be in clinic finishing up his requirements for the year since there is so little time left, but we are excited to have him around for the next week. We're off to the coast for the first of next week which we are soooo excited for. Dylan loves the beach, and Easton loves the water so much that I think he'll love it too.
Tim had his car broken into this week while he was at the gym one morning. Someone smashed in his car window and took his backpack. Unfortunately that had his computer, his wallet, his cell phone, and some text books. That has sure been a fun adventure getting it all sorted out this week! Time for a vacation!

9 comments:

Darin and Joanna said...

What cute little boys you have!!! They deffinetly grow up too fast! Don't feel to bad you have outgrown the infant carrier....Myah is a year tomorrow and still two pounds shy of getting to face forward...(sigh) Have fun at the beach, I am so jealous!

Kristen said...

Oh no, what a hassle. Sorry you have to deal with that. It's annoying.

We can't wait for the beach!

Haueter Photography said...

Tub pictures are my favorite. Your boys are adorable. I loved your bday posts. What a fun idea! Sounds like you had a great bday. Isn't getting older a blast! Miss you!

emandtrev said...

Darling pictures! I hope you guys have a great trip. So sorry about the break-in and Tim's backpack!

Randy, Alanna, Keira, and Braden said...

Your little guys are so cute. Happy belated birthday, I hope you had a great day. Enjoy the vacation-it sounds like it is much needed.

Bethany said...

Crap Tim! I am so sorry. I can imagine that would make you feel so violated. Someone broke into our car last year, they only took off with Jeff's Self Improv CD's...luckily they were dense and didn't check the ignition. Our key is stuck in the ignition so they could have taken the whole car! Sorry about all that, can you get it all replaced for free?
Bath time sure looks fun! Jace would love to have a bath time mate " )

Anonymous said...

How is your family doing? It looks like your all doing well! We'll have to plan another trip down or you come up!

melimba said...

could those two bathing babies be any cuter?! hA! I can just see easton in his mini olympic pool (aka tub!). HA!

Fun times at the beach! How was the rest of the trip?? Hope it was GRRRREAT!

elements: overexposed said...

Hope you had a fun Spring Break! Your boys are so adorable!

Also, sorry to hear about Tim's car...theft irritates me so much! What a mess!

Oh, I noticed you were friends with Stacey Jepsen on facebook. How do you know her? Utah State? She's one of my best friends. We were roommates at Ricks. Small world!

Take care!