The weather is back to being gorgeous again, so after dinner on Sunday I decided it was time for a walk. Tim had dug into doing the dishes (always a welcome task) so rather than cut my help short, we finished them up together and off we went. After our fun walk, I open the door to the house and hear baby noises. At first I was a little freaked out, but Tim smiles and says "Surprise!" He had arranged for some friends to be waiting to celebrate. I'm shocked he pulled that off without me suspecting anything. They had the yummy chocolate chocolate cake from Costco that is so heavenly. Too bad I didn't think to take any pictures of the fun evening. Blame it on the age...
The next day (my birthday) I come down to find the living room decorated. Tim had already gone to school, but had decorated it before he left. Come to find out the decorations were my sweet sisters idea. She had sent them with my mom when she came to visit recently. Thanks!! A few hours later a fun delivery arrives from my whole family - an edible arrangement. I'm not sure who was more excited, me or Dylan. It was so darling and YUMMY! Dylan wanted everything that was chocolate covered.
That night Tim came home as soon as he could and let lab work wait so we could spend time as a family. We got takeout from Chili's and I got presents. So fun!
Thank you to everyone that made my birthday fun. I've been dreading this birthday for a while, but it turned out great and, funny thing, I still feel the same as I did a few days ago. Just don't ask me my age!!
7 comments:
What a fun edible arrangement!
I love that your fam hacked into your blog and left the cute post and slideshow! Sounds like a fun birthday!! :)
Oh and cute picture of you and Easton!
what a great family you have!! so thoughtful of them!! glad it was fun for you!!
I think you will like the 30's. The older I get the more I like myself. Tim did such a great job procuring a great birthday for you. Glad you had a great time.
I loved it! Great work to Tim and the rest of your family! How THOUGHTFUL!!!!
I was glad you wrote that some were covered in chocolate---i kept thinking, "what is that fruit that Dylan is eating??" hA! Too funny!!!
One year older and wiser too---right? Glad you had a good birthday.
Cute picture of you and Easton!!
I am so glad that you had such a great birthday Melissa! Michelle is such a clever gal, she asked me my opinion and asked me to do the blog, other than that she was all the master mind " ) What sweet visiting teachers you have, wow! Glad we could help make your birthday just a little more fun. Oh and I love what you have done with your blog!! And the music! So impressed ;)
Your birthday treats look yummy! I'm glad you had a great birthday. Don't worry--30 isn't so bad. :)
Happy Birthday! Family is awesome. They always make a big deal out of birthdays when nobody else does. Makes it special.
Post a Comment