Yes, the rumor is true. We FINALLY know where we will be for the next year. We received a wonderful early Christmas present when Tim was offered a position as a resident in the AEGD program at ISU in Pocatello, ID. He replied with his acceptance a few days ago, so now it's official. He starts there July 1, 2010 for one year. It is so nice to just know and be able to start planning.
We didn't expect to find out until the end of January when the Match program is complete, but ISU offers their positions early, and we felt it would be crazy to pass up this great opportunity. We are excited for the training and experiences Tim will receive and the chance to be closer to family for a while. We aren't quite sure about moving back to the cold weather, but we're heading there anyway.
We have LOVED our time in San Antonio. This really is bitter-sweet. It will be really hard to leave the great weather year round and all of the fun things to do all the time, but most of all, it will be hardest to leave all of the friends that have become our family. We feel so blessed to be surrounded by such amazing people who we feel like we've know forever, and we'll now have as treasured friends no matter where we are. I can't believe our time in Texas is coming to an end!
8 comments:
Kristen just told me you guys were moving there. I'm sure it is so nice to know where you will be. And close to family! Congrats!
YAY! Congrats! I'm sad that you will be moving away, but really excited for you guys to be so close to family. It is so nice that you already know where you will be going :)
Yay...you will only be an hour and a half away. We will have to get together sometime. Congrats.
I can't believe how fast the time has gone by and you're almost done here! Congratulations you guys!
It IS nice to know. And you will enjoy your adventure there for awhile. It will be easier to make trips to see family. Congrats on the acceptance.
congrats!
I was so stoked to read your post. It will be nice that the drive to see family will only be an hour and a half. Pocatello is just 15-20 min. from us in blackfoot. I would love to get together and play games and catch up. Hope you're doing well and feeling well with the pregnancy. Great job Tim!
Congrats and sniff sniff....I'm sad you guys will be leaving us! BUT, that is so exciting to finally know where you guys are going! Way to go Tim!
Congratulations! I am so excited for you guys and so happy to have you a little closer! I know it is so hard to say goodbye to a city and people you've come to love, but I know your next adventure will be wonderful as well. Congrats again!
Post a Comment