Saturday, June 2, 2012

Butterflies

Around Easter we were in Utah and Grandma Karen gave the boys a Butterfly Garden. We were so excited to get home and order the caterpillars to go inside of it!

The caterpillars came in the mail and it was so neat to watch them eat and eat, and then turn into a chrysalides. Then a few days later the butterflies started to emerge. We had so much fun watching them everyday.

Sadly after a few days we had to release them.


Dylan got to hold one for a split second before it took off. Can you see it in the middle of his shirt?

Later in the day I talked Tim into helping me out with a fun project from Pinterest. When I say "help", I really mean that he did all the work. I stood back and watched him work his magic. I maybe helped with telling him what the measurements should be, but that's it.

Daddy's little helper, Dylan, was ready and willing to help with all of his tools!

The almost finished project - a BIKE RACK! It is so fabulous now that it is finished. I love that the bikes can be organized rather than being tangled in a huge pile in the garage. Thanks, Tim!!

1 comment:

melimba said...

So fun to be able to watch the butterflies! What a great gift idea.
Abd hello, Tim and Dylan are two peas in a pod. So good at projects and creating things! Way to direct and harness their energy! Ha!