Sunday, June 24, 2012

Easton's 4th Birthday

Easton chose to have a Water Party for his 4th birthday party. I was happy since it would be pretty easy to pull together. We had the party the day before his birthday, which was pretty confusing to him. In the end, he accepted the fact that is was his birthday two days in a row. Haha. It turned out to be a great day!

The birthday boy "helped" make the cupcakes by tasting the frosting. He approved!

We filled up a bunch of water balloons. Not too many actually made it to the party since it is so hard to leave them alone! Easton was playing in the tote reserved for the water balloons. I guess it was his party, so he got to do what he wanted! (this was before the party even started)

He was so excited to open presents! Before his birthday I kept asking him what he wanted for his birthday. This was usually how our conversation went:

Mom: "Easton, what do you want for your birthday?"

Easton: "Presents!"

Mom: "What kind of presents?"

Easton: "Lots of presents!"

Haha - I think his birthday wish came true.
The birthday boy opening presents from his friends

Getting ready to blow out the candles

Blowing out the candles! I love his friend's, Jackson's, face!
 Even after the friends had all gone home, the boys had a blast playing in the pool!
Gavin playing in the pool

The boys bouncing around the edges of the pool. Me hoping it wouldn't pop!

The next day on Easton's actual birthday, it was also Father's Day. I had to be to a meeting at church at 7:30a.m. since I was put in as President in the Young Women's program. I told Tim to let Easton open up his presents without me if he asked since I knew it would be torture to wait. As predicted, he did open them while I was gone. But when we got home from church he wanted me to see him open a present, so he talked Dad into letting him open up his Father's Day present. What a sweet dad!!


Easton's stats at his 4 year well checkup were:
Weight - 42.8 pounds
Height - 43.5 inches (97.39%)

A few things to remember about Easton at this age:
He still has twinkly eyes. If he does something wrong and no one has caught him, or if he is lying to me, he has a certain smirk where I know to start looking around to find out what he has done. The twinkly eyes give him away every time!

He still loves to cuddle with me - which I love most of the time. Unfortunately it has caused way too many fights between him and Gavin in sacrament meeting when they both think they should be sitting on my lap and they don't want to share. Hey, my lap can be big enough for two!

He loves to play computer games.

He has become such a picky eater! When he was younger he used to eat everything and anything. I loved it! Sadly, that attitude changed all at once. He now will barely try dinner most nights if at all. I don't know how he can handle going to bed with nothing to eat, but he sure is stubborn. He never complains about being hungry though, so I guess he is ok.  A while back I had a chat with him about how it made me feel when he would tell me he didn't like dinner or it was yucky. He still does that sometimes, but it did bring on his new and now regular statement to me of "You're the best mom cooker!" Haha. He'll tell me that, but he still doesn't necessarily want to eat whatever this "mom cooker" has made. Sad!

He loves to run around with the big boys and holds his own very well for the most part. Because of his size, most people think he is Dylan's age.

This next story, I've wondered if I should share, but I want to remember it so here goes. For some reason Easton gets the word 'breasts' confused with 'hips'. For some reason it always seems to come up in church too. He'll be sitting by me, being crazy of course, and all of the sudden say "oops, I just touched your hips", when in reality he bumped my breast. Relieved that no one else around me knows what he meant, and knowing that 'hips' doesn't usually catch people's attention, I don't correct him. Is that bad? He may call 'breasts' 'hips' forever. I think I'm ok with that!

He is such a fun kid! I'm sure there are many more stories to share - I need to be better at writing them down!! I'm one lucky lady to be a mom of these three boys! Happy Birthday, Easton!

1 comment:

melimba said...

Haha! I love that silly Easton boy! I'm catching up on your posts, Melissa, and they are great! Love the hips/breasts story too! Ha!! Ignorance is bliss. :)
Looks like he had a great birthday!!