Saturday, September 22, 2007

Boerne




A few weeks ago we took a little family trip to Boerne a short drive away. For those of you unfamiliar with the crazy names in Texas, Boerne is pronounced Bernie...yea, I'm not sure how Texans came up with that. Along those lines, another CRAZY Texas pronunciation: Bexar (the county we live in) pronounced Bear. I swear there are lots of others like that, but my brain doesn't seem to be working this late...and the crazy pronunciations don't seem so crazy after a year now.

Anyway, back to the pictures. After wandering around Boerne looking at lots of little shops, we went to the river to feed the turtles. Apparently the turtles weren't hungry (and there were TONS of them), but luckily the ducks were. Dylan LOVED throwing bread to the ducks, and he didn't want any help. I was constantly scared he was going to throw himself right into the dirty river along with the bread...thankfully, he has great balance. What a fun day!

6 comments:

Haueter Photography said...

You guys go and do so much fun stuff. Maybe we should venture out that way.

Kristen said...

Fun...I wish I had to patience and good planning to go on weekender's like this.

Jas & Cam Fam said...

Such cute pictures! I almost thought you guys went and had your pictures taken again. You all look so cute and match as well...you guys are good!

Tim and Melissa said...

Yea, I forgot to mention that this was the same day as our family pictures...hence the matching outfits. :)

Ashlie said...

That looks like fun. I wish we had something like that here in little Logan. There very well could be and I just don't know...? Fun family time activity.

melis & aaron said...

that is so cute! what a fun little family you are! i was wondering if those matching outfits were planned! ;)
ha! cool cool.