Sunday, January 11, 2009

Easton - 6 1/2 months


Really...where does the time go? I still can't believe this bundle of joy is almost 7 months old. He is such a joy to our family and a very sweet baby! One thing is for certain - he is growing up way too fast! Here are some of the latest things about him:


1. While in Utah I was certain that Easton was teething and I was willing to bet that he would cut at least one tooth while we were there, but nothing showed up. The very night we got back to San Antonio, I felt his two bottom teeth that had just popped through. Sneaky!

2. He just learned to splash in the tub. He figured out that if he pulls his feet up to his chest and then slams them down into the water, he gets mom VERY wet. What a fun game...for one of us anyway.

3. He loves it when I get a drink of water. If I am carrying him and grab a cup to fill up with water, his arms start flapping up and down and he does his little 'excited' dance. If I don't let him have a little sip of my water, he is grabbing at my cup making it impossible for me to drink. He is ready to be all grown up.



4. Easton is rolling all over the place now. He rarely falls asleep in his crib unless he has rolled onto his tummy first. He is also getting very good at getting to what he wants. He is best at rolling from his back to his front and then spinning around in circles on his belly. What talent!

5. He is just barely starting to sit up on his own. He can't get himself to that position, but if we sit him up, he can balance there for a very short time. Below is the first time caught on camera, and there wasn't time to coax a smile out of him before he toppled over. Doesn't it make him look so old?!? 6. He just had his 6 month checkup (yes, we are a few weeks off schedule). His stats were: 18 pounds (50%), and 28" long (95%).

Have I mentioned lately that I absolutely ADORE him? I love his sweet little Easton hugs!

15 comments:

Kajsa said...

he is so cute and they do grow up way too fast!

Bethany said...

He is so adorable! I love those pictures your friend took of the boys, she is very good!
I love all the pictures from your trip up here also, we had fun ")

Anonymous said...

I love it, he is getting so big, and so cute.

Anonymous said...

I love it, he is getting so big, and so cute.

Jake and Kristin said...

Melissa, I was so glad to see your comment on our blog! I've been blog stalking you without your knowledge, but I just love to keep updated on your boys....they are the cutest things ever! I'm glad we'll be able to keep in touch better now!

emandtrev said...

Oh my goodness, he has grown up so much. He is a doll!

Kristen said...

He is such a good baby.

elements: overexposed said...

What a cutie. It seems like he was born just yesterday. So crazy!

Tanya Smith said...

What an adorable little one. He should be on the cover of a magazine. Those eyes!

Anonymous said...

Mel,

Your kids are so adorable and cute! Dylan looks so grown up! I love your hair shorter. I hope things are going well for you guys!

Erin Davis said...

What a sweet face. It's so fun to watch your boys grow!

paulak said...

Glad you had a good time in Utah for the holidays. Great pictures. Fun! If that is not a handsome lookin' fella', I don't know what is. He is too cute. And such a little "mini-me", huh? He looks just like Dylan and Tim. Miss you guys.

Heidi Kjar said...

Easton is so handsome! I love those big eyes!

Jas & Cam Fam said...

What a doll! Could he look any more like his older brother? That top picture looks like a mini Dylan! Your boys are darling!
I loved looking at all your fun pictures. Your family ones turned out awesome! Your trip to Utah looked/sounded fun and I was sooo glad I got to see you!

Scott and Athena said...

Look at him sit up all by himself. That is so cute. What fun boys you have and super cute too.