Wednesday, January 13, 2010

a Sea World Christmas

Once again I say, we love living by Sea World! It was fun to take a short trip there to enjoy the fun things they had to offer to celebrate Christmas. We only stayed for a short time, so we didn't do everything they had going. We hit the Shamu show and the Sesame Street show and loved both of them. Dylan rode the roller coaster (Shamu Express) and climbed all over in the ropes course while Easton played in the padded room with blocks. Just before calling it a day, we made a little visit to Santa Claus.

As we were waiting in line to see Santa, Dylan says "I don't think that's Santa". So we ask him why not. He responds with "He isn't wearing a red coat." I hadn't noticed, but I guess the deep maroon color wasn't classic enough for him. We explained the color and he was good to go for a few minutes. Then he says "Santa isn't saying Ho, Ho, Ho." I told him he could ask Santa to do that when he got a chance to talk to him. Dylan was great to sit and talk with Santa, and Easton did great too. Easton didn't care so much that he was sitting on Santa's lap, he just saw the big bin of candy canes next to him and was ready to dive in. Luckily we distracted him for long enough to get a picture, but he was happy for the candy in the end.

After we were done and the boys had climbed off of Santa's lap, I mentioned to Santa that Dylan wanted to hear him say "Ho, Ho, Ho". That's when Santa began to laugh...the perfect Santa deep belly laugh with the most perfect Ho, Ho, Ho's you've ever heard. So great!



Showing a bit of the fun at the Sesame Street show. It was really cute.

No comments: