Friday, August 20, 2010

Freshly Picked

Dylan has an obsession with gardens and picking anything and everything he can from it. That is one of the exciting things about going to grandma and grandpa's house. We stayed at my parents house last weekend and one of the first things he asked to do was 'pick the garden'. Grandma handed him a sack and sent him on his way. I'm pretty sure he was told the corn wasn't ready and to make sure the green peppers were big (based on last years experience), but that is all forgotten when he is caught up in the picking. Here are some of the spoils...see the tiny green peppers in Grandpa's hand? Oh well. Luckily grandma and grandpa don't care. They still cooked up the corn on the cob and ate it. I was told it tasted fine, it was just tiny. (Tim and I were off enjoying the benefits of having a babysitter! Thank you!!)

First thing the next morning, Dylan asked to go pick the garden again. I'm sure there wasn't time for anything to grow, but he made sure he still found stuff to pick. Then, when we hit Tim's parents house, he was ready to pick their garden too. I guess we'll be growing a garden in the future!

No comments: