I DREAM of the day when I can get a decent nights sleep again. Or rather I wish I could dream of that day, but I need a few uninterrupted hours of sleep in order to dream again.
Who came up with day-lights savings time?!? They must not have had kids! My kids still haven't adjusted to the time change. Their typical wake-up time for the last few weeks has been 5:30a.m. WAY too early in my book!
Add to that the fact that Gavin still wakes up multiple times at night. One of the reasons I'm blogging at the moment...listening to him cry in his room as I supply the binky hoping he'll just give it up and go back to sleep. I was already up though. My kids seem to know the second my head hits the pillow, no matter what time that is. I finally hit my bed about 10:50 tonight (way later than I should have). Minutes later Easton came wandering out. The poor kid hasn't been feeling good since Monday. He started fevering last night and has been fevered all day. I tucked him into bed and settled myself back into bed. 15 minutes later and there is Easton again. Ugh! After many drinks, many songs and a few threats, he is back in bed...wait...there's his door opening again. This will be a LONG night! Wish me luck!
7 comments:
You know, I think it is true, kids know that the minute you lay your head down, it means time to wake up! oh my! Sounds like you could use a sleep fairy over in your neck of the woods (what a sleep fairy is, I don't know. but you need her!).
GOOD LUCK!!! And, yes, Day-light savings? We're still adjusting!
lots of love!
oh, and the baby comparisons are DARLING!! And they look so similar, but I totally know those faces!
Gavin up top, Dylan in the middle, and Easton on the bottom! TOO CUTE!
Hi Melissa -
The kids are cute, I cannot tell them apart.
Tyler was waking up multiple times too. Have you heard of "wake to sleep" I just did it this last week with Tyler. If Gavin is waking up at the same time each night you can help re-arrange his sleep pattern by almost waking him up about 30 minutes before he wakes up on his own. I would just gently shake Tyler until he would wiggle, but not open his eyes- he would settle back down and now he is sleeping until 3 and 4:00 instead of 12 and 1:00. I did it for 4-5 nights then left him alone. I got this idea from BabyWise.
Sorry for the long post. I feel your pain.
Betsy
Hey! No, sleep is not overrated :) I love the pics of your little guys all in the same outfit. I am pretty sure Dylan is in the middle, but the other two I can't tell apart!!
You could just ignore them like I do. (Except when they are sick, you can't) But Gunnar has been getting up around 5:30 sometimes 6. We always tell him that we are still sleeping, and that he can either go back to bed or play in his room or turn on a show. Nice parenting, huh? Sometimes it works anyway. He usually just goes and bugs lily until she gets up and then they play together.
As for babies, that is a lot harder. But I would do that too. I would like to think that I trained them to sleep longer by just not responding until after 6:30 or 7, as long as I knew they had been recently fed, etc. (Not infants, but babies) and they would usually go back to sleep after a few minutes.
I LOVE my sleep!
Oh gosh. I so hear you and feel for you. I definitely don't think sleep is overrated, but wouldn't it be great if moms with young kids and babies could get some sort of built-in mechanism that allows us to function on less sleep (or better yet, make everyone sleep great)? I just don't do well when I'm sleep deprived!
I hope everyone is feeling better by now and you have a great Thanksgiving!! Miss you!
Wow Melissa- our lives are very similar. My baby is almost one and I can count 3 nights since he was born when he's slept through the night! I keep thinking one of these days he'll get the hang of it. It's so true how they know when you've hit the pillow and isn't it funny how each child staggers their wake times so you are up ALL night! I feel for you and will remember I am not the only one each time I'm up tonight!
We have a matching jaguar costume. Our moms must have made the jaguar Halloween costumes together back when. She gave us the costume this year too and my 5 yr old is obsessed with it! Kinda funny!
I don't have children to keep me up at night...BUT I do have insomnia, I feel your pain!
Will you please email me your new address and Kajsa's if you have it?
xo
Kemy
Post a Comment