Dylan drew this picture for me a few weeks ago. I wasn't planning to share it, but I'm putting it on the blog so I can remember it. I'm such a bad mom!Here is the story behind the picture and explanation of his drawing:
We were having a VERY rough day. The boys were constantly fighting and Dylan wasn't obeying anything I asked of him. Needless to say, I lost my temper. I'd like to say this is a rare occurrence, but unfortunately it isn't. Anyway, the moment had passed and Dylan came to me a few minutes later asking if he could draw a picture and wanted his markers down. I didn't think anything of it. A little while later he walks past me with his body all slumped and pouty and throws the picture at me. One look at the picture and it broke my heart. I stopped him and we had a good talk about the picture, how he was feeling and how we both acted. I guess it was a good way to discuss things. The person on the left is Dylan crying holding his blankie. I am on the right with the "mad eyebrows". The X through the heart in the middle means that when I get mad at him he doesn't think I love him. OUCH! We both vowed to do better and we're trying!
3 comments:
Ooohhhh "/ So sweet in a sad way. I would have felt the same way, good for you for talking to him about it right then and everything! Your a great mom really. We all have days we can be better I'm sure. Your boys are evidence at how good of a Mom you are, they are adorable and pretty well behaved I'd say ;) Chin up! Love you!
I had to comment on this one too! It is funny/sad/sweet/darling all at the same time! And the "mad eyebrows"?! Oh my, that Dylan is so detailed! hA! I'm with Bethany above, your boys are evidence at how good of a mom you are. And Dylan couldn't be any sweeter!!
You are such a good mom, Melissa! So glad you recorded this. Miss you guys!!
lots of love,
melis
wow - i think the world of you!! miss and talk about what a great place blogs are to talk about the realities of life. and i LOVE that you mentioned a real moment that i think every person - mom or not - has. moments when they realize that they weren't being who they wanted to me. i LOVE LOVE that he was able to express it and you instantly made it a positive. oh, if all our interactions could be so real and tender.
preston is close to logan, yeah??
melimba's sis, em
Post a Comment