Monday, May 2, 2011

Prayers for Jaylie

This is Dylan with his best friend, Jaylie. He has missed her so much since we moved from Texas. Last Wednesday I got an email from Kajsa, Jaylie's mom, which stopped my heart. They had taken Jaylie to the eye doctor expecting to get glasses since she has been having vision issues, but instead they were sent to the ER to have an MRI done. They found a large brain tumor and operated to take it out on Thursday. The doctor feels like he got it all and she has been recovering well, but they don't know yet whether or not it is cancerous. That is definitely the short story. Please pray for Jaylie and her sweet family. They are such amazing people and have a tough load to carry right now. I wish I was there to help them!



The picture above is the last picture I got of Dylan and Jaylie before we moved. They had been out playing in the park across the street from our house a few days before we moved. Notice how they are all hot and sweaty? They have grown up together since Tim was in dental school with Jaylie's dad, Kip. They kids were just babies when we moved there and have been best friends. They have such a fun friendship and love to still talk on the phone. He actually got to talk to her the day after her surgery to try to help lift her spirits.


Jaylie and her family have been on my mind constantly, so I wanted to request more prayers on their behalf. They are very deserving of them!

1 comment:

melimba said...

I love this picture of the two of them.
I love even more, that they still talk on the phone. Too sweet.

We're praying all day every day.

Love that girl.