It still seems crazy that we are done with our time in Pocatello. We miss our friends there, but it was time to move on I guess.
A few months before we moved, Dylan finally made friends with a boy across the street named Michael. He was 10, so they seemed like an unlikely pair, but they loved playing outside together. We lived on a steep hill, but they would ride bikes and scooters together and try crazy stunts. I'm surprised there were no big accidents - just a few cuts and scrapes. They would go to the top of the hill and go much too fast down the hill on bikes or scooters and jump off into the gravel on the side of our driveway. I tried not to be the overprotective mom, but it often made me nervous!
Our plan was to take the boys to Logan a few days before we had to be out of the house. In the rush to get all of their stuff packed into the van and get on our way, I realized I had never taken a picture of Dylan with his buddy. As we were about to pull out, I saw Michael sitting across the street on his porch looking sad. I jumped on the chance to get a picture of the boys together (yes, they are in their PJ's). In talking to Michael's mom, she said that he had been crying all day - sad that his friend was moving away. So sweet since Dylan just adored him. I was emotional and tearing up at this point too. It is always hard to say goodbye.
| Michael, Dylan and Easton. |
| We saw this cabin with each drive to and from Logan. I always wanted to take a picture and finally got it. My photography doesn't do it justice. I always thought it was beautiful. |
No comments:
Post a Comment