We rarely get a babysitter, but it is sure nice to have a date night when we do! This weekend we had a successful date - especially based on our last one. I came home to a good report from Amy, and sleeping kids. Yea!
Just so I don't forget, I wanted to document a recent babysitter experience. We had planned to go to dinner with some of our friends and then play games at their house. I decided to try out a new babysitter since going through my list of girls turned out to be a list of busy girls for the weekend. No one was available. So I called a really sweet girl from our ward that lives nice and close. I was excited. She was super quiet and shy, but I figured things would be fine.
We went to dinner, which was so lovely since I wasn't having to worry about keeping kids in line! Then we stopped by the dental office to give them a little tour since they hadn't seen it with all of Tim's renovations, and then drove to their house to play games. After we had been there a few minutes, I realized I had left my phone in the car. Even though it had been a long time since a babysitter had called me when we were out, I figured I better make myself available just in case. After going to the car to get my phone, I found I had missed three calls. Oops. As I was checking to see who called, it rang again..."Home". Uh oh. So I answer and once the baby sitter responds, it sounds like she is crying. She tells me the boys aren't going to bed for her, so I tell her I'll be there in a few minutes. By now it is 8:15 and the boys are typically in bed by 7:30. When I walk in the house, all three boys are up. I thought for sure at least Gavin would be in bed. The baby sitter comes down the stairs in tears. I.FELT.HORRIBLE. I quickly got the boys to bed - after giving Dylan and Easton a lecture. Easton was clueless/careless to it all, but Dylan was heartbroken. He is always SUCH a good helper to our babysitters so I guess I should have figured out all of the details with the babysitter, but she was upset. Once the boys were in bed, she told me that it was Gavin and Easton that she was having a hard time with. Not Dylan. So, the next morning I was sure to apologize to Dylan and thank him for being the good helper that he always is with a babysitter. Luckily he is very forgiving. I felt bad...I seemed to have all sorts of that this time.
Anyway, once the boys were in bed, and the baby sitter was fine. She said she was good with staying while I went back out. After getting home from playing games, she said the boys had stayed in bed, so there were no more problems. Phew! Everyone survived, but even though she is a sweet girl, we won't be calling her again. I doubt she'd say yes anyway. Haha.
We'll chalk this up to hopefully the first AND LAST time the boys have pushed a babysitter to tears!
No comments:
Post a Comment