Sunday, February 5, 2012

Christmas Day

It's sad when you realize after the moment that you failed to capture it on film. That's basically what happened with Christmas day and our vacation to Utah that whole next week. I really have very few pictures of our Christmas festivities. Oops. Better luck next year! I guess I did catch a good portion of Christmas morning with the video camera, but I'm not good at running the video camera and our regular camera at the same time...and that's not really Tim's thing. Oh well. So here are the few shots I have:
I've been wanting to make Stocking's for our family for far too long. This was finally the year that it happened...well, mostly happened. I didn't make mind yet and now that the holidays are over I've lost the bug. Hopefully the bug will hit me again and I can finish mine up. Everyone picked their own fabric (except for Gavin). Tim's is the far left, then Dylan, Easton and Gavin.

The boys were soooo excited for Christmas. What kid isn't? I was so excited for them!

I loved watching them open their presents and they were so sweet with every one of them. They were so gracious and thankful and so adorable. Loved it!
Santa delivered and brought Easton his Captain Crunch he asked for - along with a few more surprises.

One of Dylan's presents was a tool kit. It came with a tool belt, and a bunch of real tools - none of those plastic hammers. He has loved hammering nails and trying to build stuff.
Tim agreed that it was so great to be home on Christmas morning. It was so relaxing and enjoyable. We had church that afternoon at 1:30, so we were able to play and have fun that morning. After church, I spent the majority of my time getting us ready to head to Utah the next day, but the boys played hard and had fun.

The next day we left for Utah just after the boys woke up. Our families are so great. They waited to have family parties until we were there, so it was really like Christmas lasted an extra week. I loved that! Christmas always comes and goes so fast, so it was nice to let it last a little bit longer.

No comments: