Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Dylan's Artwork

I wanted to remember some of Dylan's fun artwork, so here are a few of his pictures from the last week or so. He loves to just grab a piece of paper and draw pictures. Our fridge is covered with his artwork.

This is 'Sheriff Woody' from Toy Story:
This is 'Buzz Lightyear' from Toy Story:
This picture shows a snail, a house, the USA flag, the sun, grass and clouds:
Dylan's drawing of our family. I love how he draws noses - showing both nostrils. Haha. He drew this one night last week when I was gone. Tim said he added the ears as an afterthought. He wrote all of our names from memory (Dylan, mom and dad). He couldn't remember how to spell his brothers names, so he just listed the first letter. I was shocked that he remembered what letter they started with.
Dylan is really interested in reading right now. He knows his letters very well and what sounds most letters make, but we aren't reading yet. He loves to have us read to him though and then he takes his turn reciting the book to us from memory. He does a good job! He also loves to write letters to everyone. Many days he tells me what he wants his letter to say, and I just tell him what letters to write. Time consuming, but he is always so proud of himself afterward. Too cute!

2 comments:

jessica said...

Great Idea for you! Take your scans of his artwork and shrink them down to wallet size. Print them out (they lose zero detail, and look even cuter small.) and attatch sticky back magnet sheets also cut to wallet size to the back. You still have his adorable artwork on your fridge, but now you can get into the fridge. Oriental trading sells the sticy back magnet stuff in a 12 pack of 8.5 x 11" sheets for I think $8. Priceless!

Lindsay said...

He really is a great artist! I'm especially impressed with the snail. A few weeks ago Lucy went to the doctor and they asked her to draw a picture of her family. She drew Morgan in a grass skirt doing the hula. I guess our secret is out.