Monday, October 25, 2010

the evolution of sleep

I haven't been in any hurry to get Easton out of the crib. We had Gavin in a pack 'n play so the bed situation was just fine. I knew that once we took Easton out of the crib, his naps would probably be a thing of the past. I wasn't ready to give those up. Both of us needed them! However, we've been toying with the idea of potty-training. Easton has been willing to go on the potty, so we figure in the next few months we might give it a try. However it seemed a bit backward to have him still sleeping in a crib when we potty-trained him. So...big boy bed it is. It has been one week. Here are a few pictures to show some of the fun positions we found him in when we checked on him:

1st night -

3rd night - we went in to check on him and couldn't see him anywhere. I was feeling around in his bed and couldn't feel him. We looked over at Dylan's bed wondering if he was in with him. Then I found him at the foot of his bed. Can you see that his head was hanging off the end? Not comfy. Luckily he let me resituate him each of these nights.

5th night - not quite as uncomfortable. Only the legs hanging off the bed.
That's all for the crazy sleeping positions. He is actually taking naps still for the most part. He will come to the door a few times, open it and peek out, but he will eventually go lay in his bed and go to sleep. Hallelujah! I was so scared the naps would be gone forever. I know this may not last, but I'm loving it for now. His first nap in his big boy bed I did find him on the floor of his room asleep, but since then he sleeps in his bed. Keep it up Easton! Good job!!

2 comments:

melimba said...

hAA! You are good to take pictures of the crazy positions! I should have tried doing that! Some nights you worry that their little head is going to roll off, don't you?!
TOO CUTE!
And, I'm SOOOO happy that he is taking naps for you, even in the big boy bed! WAY TO GO, EASTON!!! :)
I love this post, Melissa! Too funny.
lots of love,
melis

Stefani and Kevin Jessop said...

Kevin and I are getting a great laugh out of this. way too cute!