I'll blog about all of his birthday celebrations later, but I wanted to do a quick post on this little sweetheart. Here is a little about Dylan at 5 years old:
1. He LOVES anything crafty or artsy. He is constantly drawing pictures of anything under the sun. I think he does a great job!
2. He LOVES school and wishes that he were in kindergarten so that he could go every day. Right now he only goes 2 days a week.
3. He likes to read books. He has us read them to him and then he "reads" them back to us from memory. He has some books memorized very well. It is fun to see him read books to Easton.
4. He does anything he can to make people laugh and especially loves to make Gavin laugh (who wouldn't?)
5. Lately he likes to help me clean up since he knows he will earn money. A while back I told him I would pay him 25 cents to clean up the family room. It was sooooo worth the money! Then he got bored of that. When he started doing it again, I forgot to pay him for a while so one day I gave him $1. He was in heaven. Now he tries to clean up every day so that he can earn $1 at the end of the week. I love it!
6. On the topic of money, he actually likes to SAVE it. I'm so glad. He has been saving his money from cleaning and he also got some birthday money. I asked him what he wanted to buy with it, and he told me he wanted to save it. Smart boy!
7. He loves to write letters and send letters to people. Of course he is hoping to get some back! (hint, hint)
8. Dylan loves to play catch with any sort of ball or Frisbee.
9. Every morning he loves to get the newspaper from the front porch and read the weather report for the day from the front page. He tells me the high and low for the day and what the weather is going to be like. So helpful!!
I'm sure there are many more things I could say about him, but most of all I want to say how much we LOVE and adore him. Dylan is such a good helper and big brother. We are so happy to have him in our family! Happy Birthday, Dylan!!
1 comment:
no way is Dylan 5 years old?!?! That's too old. I won't accept it! :) I'm so glad to see that he is as sweet as ever. I love the field trip you talked about where he was holding Easton's hand while taking him around---classic Dylan!
And, I loved reading the list you made about him. Too funny that he takes the newspaper and reads you the highs and lows for the day! HA! Even better is that you wrote, "So helpful!!" hAAA!
Too cute, all around. A big happy birthday to Mr. Dylan!
xoxo
melis
Post a Comment